Holy shit its a hell of a new music day BMTH - Puscifer - Rob Zombie - Mr Bungle - Stabbing Westward

PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
Tons of new music to check out today!

Almost through the BMTH release first.. Obviously most of the album was already available through the singles but this one is a stone cold banger. Love their recent stuff. For those that havent heard also has collabs with Mich Gordon, Babymetal, Amy Lee and Yungblud on there. 

Next up will be Puscifer I think but gonna have to wait til after a conference call. 
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sneaked in the Rob Zombie single before the call.

It's pretty decent, has all the elements you want from a RZ song I guess, B movie quotes, the zombie voice, 4 to the floor feel etc.  Still doesn't hit the highs of hellbilly deluxe though. That record was fucking beasting and this feels kinda like a poor cousin to dragula. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
    edited October 2020
    Just listening through the new Puscifer album now. I was slow to come round to them, even being a big fan of MJK's other work with Tool and APC but I really, really like the feel of their work. This album seems no less interesting so far!

Thanks for the heads-up on Rob Z too, I'll have a listen later

p.s. Who's "BMTH"?
  • Bring Me the Horizon
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • New Draconian album today is brilliant.
    As is the new Scardust - which fans of early Dream Theatre may really like.

Also new tracks from Dark Tranquility, Riverside, Carcass, and Katatonia.

So a good day for my kind of stuff. 

• oh definitely interested in new katatonia, havent heard riverside for a while but will prob also check that out
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

Not particularly into any of the above, but you have reminded me that I haven't heard the new Pallbearer album yet...

I find it very hard to keep track of album releases nowadays, I usually stumble on them by accident months after they came out.

• Wait, new Puscifer? Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Whisper it but I think I prefer them to Tool 
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    edited October 2020
    I love Mr Bungle and have been desperately waiting for a new album since California was released in 1999.  Sadly, the new album doesn't appeal to me.  It's too metal and not enough throwing a saxophone down the stairs.

Theyr'e a bit hit and miss for me. There's a bunch of really amazing songs like Condition of My Parole, The Remedy, Indigo Children, Telling Ghosts etc but then there's a bunch of total bullshit like The Weaver, Potions, Queen B and The Humbling River. Haven't checked out the new album yet but as soon as I get a gap in calls....
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Although to be fair if I owned a vinyard maybe I'd identify with the humbling river more :) 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Philly_Q said:

Not particularly into any of the above, but you have reminded me that I haven't heard the new Pallbearer album yet...

I find it very hard to keep track of album releases nowadays, I usually stumble on them by accident months after they came out.

I absolutely love Pallbearer, I've not heard the new album looking forward to it massively.

It might be an obvious thing to say but have you heard of Warning/40 Watt Sunn? Clear to hear Pallbearer are big fans of those bands, I just discovered them.

Theyr'e a bit hit and miss for me. There's a bunch of really amazing songs like Condition of My Parole, The Remedy, Indigo Children, Telling Ghosts etc but then there's a bunch of total bullshit like The Weaver, Potions, Queen B and The Humbling River. Haven't checked out the new album yet but as soon as I get a gap in calls....
    TBF I'd argue the same thing about Tool. Lateralus is several songs too long, Aenima has that annoying german speech thing in the middle, etc. But hey ho the world is better with both Puscifer and Tool in it so I'm not going to grumble :) 

Where are you listening btw? According to "the internet" its not released until December? 
  • havent managed to get to Puscifer yet but is it not on spotify yet?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Philly_Q said:

I absolutely love Pallbearer, I've not heard the new album looking forward to it massively.

It might be an obvious thing to say but have you heard of Warning/40 Watt Sunn? Clear to hear Pallbearer are big fans of those bands, I just discovered them.
    I've heard of them but I'm not sure if I've listened to them.  Truth to tell, it's been a while since I've listened to any music, I've been more into Netflix box sets and YouTube guitar videos recently.  I go through phases.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    Wytch Hazel III is out today. It is amazing 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    Philly_Q said:

Both Warning albums  (and the demos I think) are getting vinyl reissues soon
  • So Puscifer seems alright, might be a slow burner. On the plus side it feels pretty coherent as an album which is rare for pusifer and while none of the tracks jumped out immediately there were no misses either.

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Philly_Q said:

Just gave the new Pallbearer a listen..wasnt sure what to expect as had never heard of them but it was pretty great. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3300
    The promise of stabbing westward lead me here, yet I don’t see them mentioned?
  • grungebob said:
    The promise of stabbing westward lead me here, yet I don’t see them mentioned?
    It was a cover EP. I had only heard one of the songs but it was pretty decent. Very similar in feel to their other recent new EP and also the dreaming album. 

Still not up there with Darkest Days and Wither, Blister but def worth a listen. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ