New ? - Goldo/Duesenberg Jazzmaster/Jaguar Off Set Trem

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
in Guitar tFB Trader
The Duesenberg Tremelos have been getting a well deserved reputation for a while now - Just noticed a 'new' Off Set trem for Jaguar + Jazzmaster models - Believe Goldo is effectively a new 'parts/hardware' division within Duesenberg

This new trem, is a total retro fit - no new holes etc etc - But a new format - vintage styling but as they say say smooth and responsive with up/down pitch - Not sure if anyone has tried one yet 

https://www.goeldo.de/en/tremolos-und-parts/goeldo-tremolos-et-al./3711/goeldo-dg-tremolo-for-offset-guitars-in-jm/jg-style?c=296

gldo DG Tremolo for Offset Guitars in JMJG Stylegldo DG Tremolo for Offset Guitars in JMJG Style
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I was looking at those earlier, and there's an trapeze version too

interesting but looks like you'd need to remove material underneath it though

I'd like one of these for the bigsby on my LP but can't see anyone stocking them

• the arm is nowhere near long enough by the looks of it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw those in an email from Rockinger. They do look interesting. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    It looks like it's based on the old Hagström tremolo which was also fitted to some Guild solid bodies?
  • the arm is nowhere near long enough by the looks of it
    this guy offsets
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's hideous. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    I ordered some parts direct from duesenberg recently, parts and service were both excellent
  • Am I in a minority of people who think the basic design of the offset vibrato is quite good, and it's the bridge that's usually a hassle? That's been my experience anyway.  

If that's the case then this is both over engineered and ugly. Unless you were going for a very specific look you'd just put a StayTrem arm in your current trem. 
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    Got to admit, other than the price of their stuff, there is very little about the Duesenberg aesthetic that I don't like.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    mikem8634 said:
    Got to admit, other than the price of their stuff, there is very little about the Duesenberg aesthetic that I don't like.
    I’ve always thought that once you get into four figure guitars, Dooozy represent the best value there is. They offer a PRS quality build but retain a unique playing character and tone. 

Would quite like to check one of these out but I don’t have a problem with either of my Jag trems. And one of those is just stock Squier. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s essentially the Duesenberg Tremola mounted to an offset vibrato plate. Should work well, but will feel quite different to a more traditional offset vibrato
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
    edited October 2020
    Looks like there’s almost zero break angle, strings would be popping out of saddles with that set up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    edited October 2020
    dazzajl said:
    mikem8634 said:
    I’ve always thought that once you get into four figure guitars, Dooozy represent the best value there is. They offer a PRS quality build but retain a unique playing character and tone. 

Would quite like to check one of these out but I don’t have a problem with either of my Jag trems. And one of those is just stock Squier. 

Yep, the only reason I don't like the price is because I can't afford it! They are worth it in my humble opinion.
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    I’m sure I remember coming across the Goldo brand when I was looking for some pots on Thomann a few years back, and they seemed to be on the cheaper side. So I’m surprised to hear they’re related to Duesenberg.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    mart said:
    I’m sure I remember coming across the Goldo brand when I was looking for some pots on Thomann a few years back, and they seemed to be on the cheaper side. So I’m surprised to hear they’re related to Duesenberg.
    Yes run by the Doozie guys - But apparently Thomann take  a large part of their production run