Complete that high end relic look!

What's Hot
Bargain right? ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    edited October 2020
    There are going to be a bunch of chavs dressed really dirty and scruffy looking soon.

Actual posh people will never buy into this kind of crap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're prepared to spend that much on trainers, why would you go for an international brand? Surely you'd rather get them... Crafted... Customised? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    There are going to be a bunch of chavs dressed really dirty and scruffy looking soon.

The real aristocracy wear nothing but the very best but it’s all 50 years old and scruffy as hell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    I wonder if this is the same team of chaps from my school who would help people with new shiny shoes or trainers get the relic look with their free "stamps", they were very efficient not even checking if that was the look they were going for.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're prepared to spend that much on trainers, why would you go for an international brand? Surely you'd rather get them... Crafted... Customised? 
    The same reason people buy Fender and Gibson CS over a build from a one-man operation, labels and perceived prestige. :)
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5035
    And resale value.
    Call me Dave.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    If you're prepared to spend that much on trainers, why would you go for an international brand? Surely you'd rather get them... Crafted... Customised? 
    Because if it's not a recognisable label, how will your friends know how much money you have. 

These will sell shitloads because expensive fashion is extremely stupid. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    They'll go with the Gucci reliced tights I just bought.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11680
    Good luck to them. If they can find people willing to pay stupid money for stupid items just because of a brand name that's fine with me.

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2011
    munckee said:
    I wonder if this is the same team of chaps from my school who would help people with new shiny shoes or trainers get the relic look with their free "stamps", they were very efficient not even checking if that was the look they were going for.

yes I remember in my younger days one lad paying an awful lot of money for some pure white GUCCI shoes.after one night out at the local night club the sticky carpets had them looking like the ones in the OP
    dazzajl said:

The real aristocracy wear nothing but the very best but it’s all 50 years old and scruffy as hell. 
    Dress authentic vintage.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408

yeah the richest guitar players never buy pre-knackered guitars
    bbill335 said:

yeah the richest guitar players never buy pre-knackered guitars
    The richest guitar players plays real bursts, real authentic!
  • dazzajl said:

There is actually some logic with expensive clothes (regarding fabrics rather than faddy designers).

I have two Paul Smith summer shirts bought in a Selfridges sale in 1998. They are such good quality that they still look as if they are only six months old - because the fabrics are exceptional.
  • StuobStuob Frets: 36
    dazzajl said:

There is actually some logic with expensive clothes (regarding fabrics rather than faddy designers).

I have two Paul Smith summer shirts bought in a Selfridges sale in 1998. They are such good quality that they still look as if they are only six months old - because the fabrics are exceptional.
    Really?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Not sure why this is in guitar ....
  • Had to be dunlop green flash.... not for me.