NGD: Jazzmaster in mystic seafoam

mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
edited October 2020 in Guitar
Slightly late since I got this end of September but work has been very busy so other than a quick check over of the guitar, this afternoon was first serious time with it.

2017 American Professional Jazzmaster in mystic seafoam (sparkle)

I already have an american original 60s jazzmaster but this is what I was going to buy went I got the AO but wasn't in stock locally and being first jazzmaster I wanted something I could try first. With the professional series 2 out now these are harder to find in this colour (which is fantastic!). Also wanted something a little different so the maple neck/board, modern pickups and simplified tone circuit (no rhythm circuit) plus the upgraded bridge this ticked all the boxes. Shop put on my requested 11 gauge strings before shipping.

Slight issue with the pickguard where the red fender sticker is - it s darker under the sticker so a block of colour that stands out. Raised with the shop and they have another pickguard on order with fender in their next shipment - quite hard to find these pickguards since there is no rhythm circuit switches cut out. Due to covid shop are unsure of date of next shipment but it's only a pickguard and the rest of the guitar is superb.

Spent most of the afternoon playing it with a variety of songs and styles and handles them all really well. No string movement due to the upgraded bridge and stayed in tune the whole time. Pickups can do sparkly cleans through to rock with ease and sounds really good. Very impressed the last few years with what fender are making. Very versatile guitar and a joy to play.
0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Very nice!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8078
    What a great colour, nice cases those.
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    What a great colour, nice cases those.

Thanks. Cases seem good and well protective.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 961
    This is my ideal JM. Absolutely lovely. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    Great colour 
    TINMAN82 said:
    Great colour 

I thought so too. I'm a bit partial to seafoam green anyway so this looked a good option!
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    Definitely one of the best colours Fender has come up with in the last few years. Congratulations!
  • Gorgeous guitar!

The pick guard should quite quickly even out. Seems daft to put a sticker on it in the first place... Reminds me of when Gibson put a quality assurance tag on the f hole of a memphis CS 335 I was looking at where they'd forgotten to finish the f-holes :) 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    V nice! Gonna keep it stock? 
    Gorgeous guitar!

The pick guard should quite quickly even out. Seems daft to put a sticker on it in the first place... Reminds me of when Gibson put a quality assurance tag on the f hole of a memphis CS 335 I was looking at where they'd forgotten to finish the f-holes :) 

Hopefully so. If not then I should get a replacement from fender in the near future.
    Loobs said:
    V nice! Gonna keep it stock? 

Yes, intend to. The pickups sounds great and controls work nicely for different sounds. Bridge is already upgraded as stock so nothing else really to even consider replacing. "If it aint broke don't fix it." As I posted I've had a few fenders over the last 2-3 years and they are all stock still so think they are doing a good job at present. 
  • Very nice! I love a bit of seafoam. Happy new guitar day! :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)