Guitar Display Cases

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 1092
Looking for some ideas or links to a display case, getting the urge to put a guitar on a wall in my living room. Rather than just a wall hanger, I’d like to have it in a display case but I’m not having much luck finding any online that I like.

Has anyone else done this? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've not, but I've considered making one before. I've seen some cool ones. If you can, it'd be a great thing to make, or if there's a cabinet maker near you it'd a sweet commission!
  • BGGBGG Frets: 703
    @DarrenBond did you have a contact for these cases ? 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 626
    edited November 2020
    They are out there. Fender do them that us like a tweed case with plexiglass front and they can be wall mounted. Most of the big guitar shops carry them but a wooden one would look better but more expensive I guess

EBay some options to look at too
  • If you’re after something that looks less like a guitar hardcase, have a look at American Music Furniture and Acoustic Remedy - might give you an idea that you can take to a local maker.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2802
    I hung a guitar on the wall recently using Woodies invisible hangers. I could hang it in a playing position so it was more interesting than just vertical.

And you can easily unhook it and play it if you want.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adey said:
    I hung a guitar on the wall recently using Woodies invisible hangers. I could hang it in a playing position so it was more interesting than just vertical.

I really like their hangers - you can even stick your guitar on the ceiling if you were brave!
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

Please drop me a message.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like those ones that are like a chest of drawers with a different guitar in each draw instead of pants and socks and stuff!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 233
    I’ve not used them but they do look spiffing and when I become World King I will have them in my man cave 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BGG said:
    @DarrenBond did you have a contact for these cases ? 
    Mike at Classic Case https://www.facebook.com/www.classiccase.co.uk/
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4081
    Adey said:

These Woodies hanger jobbies.... can you mount a guitar on them without taking the strap off, or does the strap interfere with the hanger?

I don't want to give the impression that I'm so lazy that having to take a strap on and off when I want to play/hang a guitar would put me off using them but....unfortunately that's who I am.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1474
    There was a chap at the the guitar show who did some lovely work. @Jason might recall?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • JasonJason Frets: 1120
    tFB Trader
    Yes. Rob Conway and Rob Williams have a company called R n R Showcase
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Don’t know if it’s the same guy, but a mate of a mate was starting a similar venture a few years back..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Does anyone know where you can get those Fender petrol pump display cases you see the dealers have? I want one badddd