The Guitar Show 2021

What's Hot
JasonJason Frets: 1120
in Guitar tFB Trader
Hello

I've just programmed the following message on social media to go live in 30 mins, I've been trying to put off the decision for months, knowing really it was inevitable. My guest on the podcast pulled out on the day of recordong with suspected Covid, its has since been confirmed, fortunately he is ok and on the mend already.

If its too long: The Guitar Show 2021 is cancelled, back in 2022.

This week’s episode of 9-42 didn’t go to plan, our guest ended up in bed with suspected COVID (since confirmed), so, Ant and I ended up discussing this…

The message I didn’t want to write – The Guitar Show 2021 is cancelled.

I’ve been organising events for almost 25 years, I’ve never had to cancel an event before, but these, as we keep being told, are unprecedented times.

I have considered pushing it further in to the year, but that brings the risk of postponing it again and again, just like the gigs we never seem to get to, its not fair on the venue, the exhibitors or you, the visitors.

I have considered trying an online event, but I remain unconvinced at the success of these types of shows, I think they probably work better for trade shows, rather than public shows, to me they are not much more than a YouTube channel, perfectly valid, just not for me.

I want to do events that I’m happy to stand behind and I have only ever wanted to make The Guitar Show something that I would want to go to myself.  The Guitar Show 2020 was the best so far; this makes the decision particularly heartbreaking. Obviously the heath and safety of my visitors and exhibitors is paramount, add to that the current lockdown and the potential differing tiers that we are all likely to be in and out of for the foreseeable future, and the planning of TGS 2021 becomes untenable.

I’m planning on a Facebook / Instagram push on the traditional “last weekend of February” dateline and a double episode of my podcast (9-42). So, The Guitar Show will at least be there in spirit.

I’ve spent years building up the show and it is an important part of my life, so this isn’t a decision that I have come to lightly, I sincerely hope you will stick with The Guitar Show and return in 2022.

I stand with all my friends and colleagues within the Events Industry, any support you can give to the #WeMakeEvents campaign will be appreciated by all of us as we face a very uncertain future.

Take care and many thanks for your support over the years, I’ll see you in 2022.

Jason

PS The broken headstock used in the image is from @felineguitars, this guitar belongs to Richie Faulkner of Judas Priest, to see just how something broken can always be fixed have a look at https://felineguitars.com/pages/judas-priest-les-paul-rebuild.

The Guitar Show will return just like this guitar 

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter - @theguitarshowuk

www.theguitarshow.co.uk

https://feeds.captivate.fm/9-42/

https://www.wemakeevents.com/uk/

https://i.imgur.com/e9WmiWm.jpg

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sad but not unexpected news. 

Hope you can keep the podcasts going and I’m sure we are all looking forward to the 2022 show already. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1120
    tFB Trader
    Sad but not unexpected news. 

Hope you can keep the podcasts going and I’m sure we are all looking forward to the 2022 show already. 

Thanks - the plan is to continue yakking on with 9-42, its really gaining momentum, so at least I'll be able to keep the show alive that way
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • I suppose it was inevitable really.. but when there's even a slight chance you don't want to cancel. 2022 will be the best show ever with all the extra planning and demob derived delirium. 

In my case a Keith Scott 9-42 episode would go a long way to softening the blow! 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Sad news, but...I suspect that the appetite for a show will be bigger than ever come 2022. You might even be able to book in some bigger names for the stage at lower prices, given that they've basically been unemployed for 18 months by that point ;)
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    I suppose it was inevitable really.. but when there's even a slight chance you don't want to cancel. 2022 will be the best show ever with all the extra planning and demob derived delirium. 

In my case a Keith Scott 9-42 episode would go a long way to softening the blow! 
    Keith Scott is THE dream - I will do my best to get him :)

tFB Trader
    Sad news, but...I suspect that the appetite for a show will be bigger than ever come 2022. You might even be able to book in some bigger names for the stage at lower prices, given that they've basically been unemployed for 18 months by that point ;)

Lets hope so, I did have some great names lined up, hopefully everyone will be free in Feb 22
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Hey Jason, 

This might be a silver lining if anyone else feels like me.  I've not made it to the show in a few years, because I couldn't really afford it.  Money just went on other things.  Same for some gigs as well.  To be clear, I wasn't skint, but I just didn't prioritise it.

However, lockdown has taught a lot of us, that we took this stuff for granted as "there's always next year".

Fuck that.

If I could buy a ticket for 2022 now, I would.  I will see you there 2022, and I'm sure many people will be thinking the same as me.

Sorry it hasn't worked out, but we all trust you have done the right thing, and put safety first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    Hey Jason, 

This might be a silver lining if anyone else feels like me.  I've not made it to the show in a few years, because I couldn't really afford it.  Money just went on other things.  Same for some gigs as well.  To be clear, I wasn't skint, but I just didn't prioritise it.

However, lockdown has taught a lot of us, that we took this stuff for granted as "there's always next year".

Fuck that.

If I could buy a ticket for 2022 now, I would.  I will see you there 2022, and I'm sure many people will be thinking the same as me.

Sorry it hasn't worked out, but we all trust you have done the right thing, and put safety first
    Thank you! Really appreciate that, here hoping for a storming 2022

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    Hi Jason - sad but inevitable - I would normally exhibit at 15-18 shows in a year - 2020 and I did 2 inc your show in Feb and in fact the last show for 2020 - I'm missing them for many reasons, so good news that plans still exist for a 2021 show - Maybe a break from a 2021 show might actually be good, in the way that it will hopefully rejuvenate interest for many who want to attend in 2022   - Will call soon and catch up - Stay well and best wishes + say hi to Ant from me
    tFB Trader
    Hi Jason - sad but inevitable - I would normally exhibit at 15-18 shows in a year - 2020 and I did 2 inc your show in Feb and in fact the last show for 2020 - I'm missing them for many reasons, so good news that plans still exist for a 2021 show - Maybe a break from a 2021 show might actually be good, in the way that it will hopefully rejuvenate interest for many who want to attend in 2022   - Will call soon and catch up - Stay well and best wishes + say hi to Ant from me

Cheers Mark, I will say hi to Ant, I'll call you soon. J
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 156
    tFB Trader
    Ah what a shame!
    Let's make 2022 even bigger and better than ever!

tFB Trader
    Adji said:
    Ah what a shame!
    Let's make 2022 even bigger and better than ever!

Cheers, I'll speak to you soon. J
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    With the promised vaccine now to be rolled out during 2021, I reckon 2022 is a good plan.

See you there & then.

Now, about the noise levels ....
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    With the promised vaccine now to be rolled out during 2021, I reckon 2022 is a good plan.

See you there & then.

Now, about the noise levels ....
    ;)

Haha, they were sorted this year ;-)

Booking the Vaccines for 2022, after Anthrax's spreading the disease in 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom