The best feel good TV series you’ve seen?

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
As title, for me it simply has to be The Darling buds of May. I know it’s pure fantasy but what a life! All that countryside, carefree days for the kids with loving parents, it never ceases to help lift my spirits.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    zepp76 said:
    As title, for me it simply has to be The Darling buds of May. I know it’s pure fantasy but what a life! All that countryside, carefree days for the kids with loving parents, it never ceases to help lift my spirits.
    I have fond memories of it but have to admit that I only ever watched it when it was first shown. I have no idea if the charm / appal is still present?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 950
    Big fan of Brooklyn 99 for light-hearted, no stress or depressing storylines. Just easy to watch. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    zepp76 said:

The wife likes that .. I quite like Fry and Laurie's take on Jeeves and Wooster and Only fools and horses is still funny. Watched some old Dad's Army episodes on iPlayer during the lockdown. They still hold up well - excellent cast.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • westwest Frets: 996
    I love all that bucolic stuff especially adaptations of H.e.Bates ...  Darling buds is ace , so is my uncle silas , the triple echo ( film )  Dulcima ( film ) i couldnt get in to love for lydia though , also a tv series called country matters .... be warned though some of bates work has melancolic tendancies ( which works for me  ..)  also i used to love the shillingbury tales with robin nedwell .... will have a think of some others ....

OOh just remembered ... 4 part series love on a brach line by david nobbs  is Fab ...

exocet said:
    zepp76 said:
    I have fond memories of it but have to admit that I only ever watched it when it was first shown. I have no idea if the charm / appal is still present?

Yes stands up well for me ...
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    American Horror Story.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    One Foot in the Grave.
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    The Good Life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Has to be The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross for me, such gentle reassuringly peaceful television. 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • The Wonder Years - cheesy, but generally feelgood
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    Threads...

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Good Place. It's the only one I've seen that was relentlessly wholesome, yet encouraged the audience to think pretty deeply about life.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    I liked arrested development, but I’m a fan of Jason Bateman and I’ve not seen how it ends so that could taint it. 

Friends also but the ending just makes me sad and I cant forget it so its ruined lol. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2391
    skunkwerx said:
    I liked arrested development, but I’m a fan of Jason Bateman and I’ve not seen how it ends so that could taint it. 

Friends also but the ending just makes me sad and I cant forget it so its ruined lol. 

I'd suggest stop watching AD after the third season.... seasons 4 and 5 just ruin it.
  • The Good Place is excellent. 

Also Community - I barely heard of it before lockdown and now it's one of my all-time favourite shows. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4167
    edited November 2020
    Another vote for Brooklyn 99. Occasional tugs at the heartstrings aside, it's excellent and always makes me laugh.

In a similar vein, Scrubs - although there are a couple of episodes that made me really sad, on the whoel it has a similar feelgood vibe to B99.

Similar to Darling Buds, I used to occasionally watch Heartbeat and it had an old-timey innocence that always used to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

skunkwerx said:

I don't mind the end of Friends so much, but I do have to forget about Joey's spinoff series, which basically tells you that things didn't work out for him in New York so he moved to LA and lost touch with everyone.

The Good Place is excellent. 

Also Community - I barely heard of it before lockdown and now it's one of my all-time favourite shows. 

I've got The Good place on my watchlist, that's the one with Ted Danson isn't it? I've started Community and it's made me a laugh a few times but it hasn't totally sucked me in yet...

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Has to be The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross for me, such gentle reassuringly peaceful television. 
    It is truly great television, have you seen the documentary chronicling Bob Ross’s rise to “fame” and his sheer love of life and the suffering he went through? Truly inspiring.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Another vote for Brooklyn 99. Occasional tugs at the heartstrings aside, it's excellent and always makes me laugh.

In a similar vein, Scrubs - although there are a couple of episodes that made me really sad, on the whoel it has a similar feelgood vibe to B99.

Similar to Darling Buds, I used to occasionally watch Heartbeat and it had an old-timey innocence that always used to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    Yes Heartbeat was fantastic, I love that era and I’d love to ride those roads in the Yorkshire moors on an old classic bike. One of my few dreams in life.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    All Creatures Great and Small

The Waltons

"G'night Ma. G'night Pa" 

"G'night John - Boy" 

Of course the lumber mill closed decades ago and all their descendants are on Meth. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom