Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Origin Effects Magma 57 vibe/Magnatone

What's Hot

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    brucegill said:
    I’ve not got the revival trem anymore, and I’m not sure I’m going to get another now. Though they would make a nice pair lol. 
    They do indeed. 

I love the trem but think I prefer the drive section of this Magma. And the vibe is just gorgeous.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerry said:
    brucegill said:
    I’ve not got the revival trem anymore, and I’m not sure I’m going to get another now. Though they would make a nice pair lol. 
    They do indeed. 

I love the trem but think I prefer the drive section of this Magma. And the vibe is just gorgeous.
    I’m going from memory, but think I’m the same. The Trem was amazing but the drive on this one is flipping awesome. I spent an hour just with the drive before I even turned the vibe on then lost 4 hours hahaha
  • Running a fair amount of gain, slow normal vibrato and into a Meris Mercury 7 set as plate with a long predelay is glorious 
  • Would you say it’s overkill to have a univibe and this? I know it’s not a univibe pedal as such but it seems there’s a faux univibe mode. I couldn’t get rid of my retrovibe but this pedal looks really nice. 
    I don't recognise the concept of overkill

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha yeah. What am I even worrying about. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    @brucegill how does this pedal sound into an already overdriving amp?
  • shaunm said:
    I’ve tried it into a breaking up amp and it’s very nice, cleans up nicely too and dynamic. It’s going into a champ clone at the moment. Will try the iridium tomorrow and pay more attention to my settings
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    @brucegill brilliant thank you. I’m quite curious about this pedal but I get my drive from an amp. All the demos I’ve seen seem to show the pedal into a clean amp.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    It sounds lovely. As above my amp is set a bit dirtyish so not sure it would work for me. 

No denying the brilliance of the Origin pedals though. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    JohnPerry said:
    brucegill said:
    They do indeed. 

Dibs on that one too!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • shaunm said:
    OK, I'm no expert, so take with a pinch of salt...

to my ears, if I run the amp in overdrive and the pedal set clean - it colours your amp tone (though you could probably dial a bit of the colouring out), fattens everything up too, but I don't think the vibe works as well. I think the vibe need the pedals drive to interact with each other into a clean or just breaking up amp for best results. 

I'm running into a ampmaker Champ clone I made, into a 12" cab. So not the best as the overdriven sound gets a bit out of control. 
  • I'm wondering how this and the term would be on one board... With both having of as well as the effect? 

Any one planning both.
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    edited November 2020
    I think you’d have to treat them as two distinct sounds, rather than stacking. Might be wrong, but never had much luck stacking amp like pedals 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    spent a couple of hours with mine today, once i got it dialled in to my amp properly it revealed its glory....fantastic sounding drive pedal with an amazing vibrato...well chuffed with it
  • About the Magma 57 and others - how do they stack together? If your signal chain was guitar - magma 57, revival trem, Cali 76 for example, would that be ok or would pre-amp into pre-amp into pre-amp give you problems.

not a massive issue because I haven’t got the funds anyway LOL
    Yes, it really is sublime.

I have the Magma and the Revival Trem and unless they are both set cleanish they sound better individually than stacked (it all gets a bit mushy if both drive controls are set for breakup).

Got to remember (as with the query above about using it into a driven amp) these are each a full amp signal path. They'll sound better and more distinct into a clean amp or a power amp.

That said I have had both the trem and vibe going at once with the drive controls backed off and they sound glorious together, especially with the speeds synced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    JohnPerry said:

That said I have had both the trem and vibe going at once with the drive controls backed off and they sound glorious together, especially with the speeds synced.

I’d like to hear that.
  • JohnPerry said:

I have the Magma and the Revival Trem and unless they are both set cleanish they sound better individually than stacked (it all gets a bit mushy if both drive controls are set for breakup).

Got to remember (as with the query above about using it into a driven amp) these are each a full amp signal path. They'll sound better and more distinct into a clean amp or a power amp.

I’ve searched for videos on exactly this subject i.e. if every pedal on your board was Origin Effects - how would that work or is that simply not a great idea.

even if it didn’t work I bet it would look awesome 
  • JohnPerry said:

I’ve searched for videos on exactly this subject i.e. if every pedal on your board was Origin Effects - how would that work or is that simply not a great idea.

even if it didn’t work I bet it would look awesome 
    It’d be f@@@@@ heavy lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom