Wolfie Van Halen / Mammoth WVH Single - Distance

What's Hot
skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
edited November 2020 in Music
Amazed I couldn't find a thread on this - apologies if double posting!

Just listened to this and I'm really impressed with it. Watching the video on YouTube is a bit much (in a good way) and a couple of Spotify plays makes me think that the Son of EVH has some talent for sure. Nice to see him inherit his father tremelo picking chops!

My first thought was that this could have come from the second Tremonti album - as Wolfgang played on that album tour it would have has some influence I can imagine. I wonder what it would sound like if he and Mark collaborated more formally on a project? Could be interesting. 

The only thing that I notice is I think it's missing another verse. When it was described as something he felt compelled to finish after his father's death, I think it's still missing something. No doubt the grief the guy is going through is not helping. Maybe another take in a few months or when it hits his album might help it sound a bit more complete?

Promising start though.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hey, look out for the other track floating about..  "You're not to blame".. really good
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll look out for that. I heard a Tremonti interview where he was waxing lyric about WVH's "math" brain and how he couldn't get his head around it so was expecting a prog/djent sorta sound. Having said that, the guy is playing every damned instrument on the track which is more than most. Fair do's.
  • OK @bloodandtears I just found it on YoozToob. Yeah, it's good and confirms my suspicions about that Tremonti influence although his tone is not as heavy as Mark. He's got a really good voice though. 

Fair play. Kid's got it.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    Christ, that video was a tough watch. 

Great song though! 

His interview on the Howard stern show a few days ago is worth a watch/listen too 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom