Oasis - '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?' Track by Track with Noel Gallagher [25th Anniversary]

What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Sorry that the video doesn’t work but you should be able to link straight to YouTube to view it there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Liam and Bonehead have a video knocking around as well about it.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 986
    Saw it a few weeks ago. It is a good watch. Although true Oasis fans in the 90's weren't really listening to the what's the story morning glory album much anyway, you had to buy the singles for the good stuff that wasn't being over played on the radio.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    edited November 2020
    Yeah, fantastic video and still a wonderful album. Easily in the top 5 records of the 90's with Nevermind, OK Computer, Urban Hymns and Achtung Baby. 

I know loads of people argue DefMaybe is better, but they're wrong. More important and scene-defining? Maybe. But better than a record with Hello, Roll With It, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger, Some Might Say, Cast No Shadow, Morning Glory AND Champagne Supernova on it? Not a chance. 

There's another good vid: 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2040
    edited November 2020
    Yeah, fantastic video and still a wonderful album. Easily in the top 5 records of the 90's with Nevermind, OK Computer and Achtung Baby. Not sure what the other would be. 

I know loads of people argue DefMaybe is better, but they're wrong. More important and scene-defining? Maybe. But better than a record with Hello, Roll With It, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger, Some Might Say, Cast No Shadow, Morning Glory AND Champagne Supernova on it? Not a chance. 

This has always been my own opinion. As @Keiko alludes to though at this time it was also the b-sides that elevated them. I always wonder what would have happened if they had held back some of these and released a third album instead of Be Here Now which had tracks like

Acquiesce 
    Talk Tonight
    The Masterplan
    Listen Up
    Rockin Chair
    Whatever (stand alone single rather than a b-side but could have been used as an album track)
    Fade Away
    Half The World Away
    Take Me Away
    D’yer Wanna Be A Spaceman
    Sad Song

Yes I know they brought out such an album later and of course the b-sides at the time were part of how they became so popular like little secrets only the fans knew about but had these songs been pushed more into the  mainstream quickly on the back of Morning Glory I often wonder how that would have gone 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    CMW335 said:
    Yeah, fantastic video and still a wonderful album. Easily in the top 5 records of the 90's with Nevermind, OK Computer and Achtung Baby. Not sure what the other would be. 

This has always been my own opinion. As @Keiko alludes to though at this time it was also the b-sides that elevated them. I always wonder what would have happened if they had held back some of these and released a third album instead of Be Here Now which had tracks like

Acquiesce 
    Talk Tonight
    The Masterplan
    Listen Up
    Rockin Chair
    Whatever (stand alone single rather than a b-side but could have been used as an album track)
    Fade Away
    Half The World Away
    Take Me Away
    D’yer Wanna Be A Spaceman
    Sad Song

Yes I know they brought out such an album later and of course the b-sides at the time were part of how they became so popular like little secrets only the fans knew about but had these songs been pushed more into the  mainstream quickly on the back of Morning Glory I often wonder how that would have gone 

I remember hearing Be Here Now in the summer holidays in Bexhill & being disappointed. A few decent tunes but a long way away from What’s The Story. 

• This has always been my own opinion. As @Keiko alludes to though at this time it was also the b-sides that elevated them. I always wonder what would have happened if they had held back some of these and released a third album instead of Be Here Now which had tracks like

Be Here Now is the best Oasis record. I play in a pretty big Oasis/NG tribute, and its BHN stuff that always goes down best and gets requested most. 

Liam Knows it, as does Potato Head, but he wont admit it. 

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2040

Be Here Now is the best Oasis record. I play in a pretty big Oasis/NG tribute, and its BHN stuff that always goes down best and gets requested most. 

Liam Knows it, as does Potato Head, but he wont admit it. 

For the record I love Be Here Now but in my opinion it’s not in the same league as the other 2 by a long shot
  • BHN is hilarious. There is some good songwriting in there, but it's a terrible record. 

Every song is either a re-hash of something from DM/WTSMG or goes on for at least 2 minutes too long, or both. I assume it's good if you're on drugs, maybe? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    I'll happily admit I still love Be Here Now.  It isn't nearly as good as DM or WTS obviously but it makes me smile.

Liam agrees with me even if Noel doesn't!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I think definitely maybe just had much more energy to it.

• Liam and Noel's commentary tracks for their videos are an amazing listen.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746

Liam and Noel's commentary tracks for their videos are an amazing listen.

My all time favourite is Noel's one for "Stand By Me" on the DVD that came with their second best of.

Starts off with "I've never seen this, but I do remember signing a cheque for it..." and gets funnier from there.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...