Playing the First Solid Body Electric Guitar

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2648
in Guitar tFB Trader
Some interesting nerdy facts in there...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    ... apart from being the first solidbody guitar.

Rickenbacker started making solid guitars - not the ‘frying pan’, they were Bakelite - in 1935.

Lots of interesting snippets about Les in there though, thanks for posting :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    yeah, that was fun, and I think it acknowledges that the "first" claim is tenuous. 

Not enough Mention of Bigsby past a few comments about the trem.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1741
    My maternal Grandfather  worked for the Post Office as an engineer in the 20's .At the time these were the backroom boffins of their time .Developing many things including radar .one of the things he was working on was  an electric guitar .Sadly he  died in the early 1920's  from TB .The Special branch came round his house and took away all his  work  so no electric guitar .
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20601
    A good watch. 
    So, Epiphone Les Paul's are more authentic than Gibsons... Mark Agnesi must be livid  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 502
    Thanks for posting.

Has anyone heard of the Appleby or Appleton (or something along those lines) guitar? It was an electric solid body single cut guitar that the builder was shopping around to Gibson in the '40s.