Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Buying online

What's Hot
Given the current COVID situation there is a possibility of buying a guitar online, which I’d not normally do.
What stores are best for buying online, not just price but communication, providing extra photos of the actual instrument etc etc? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I bought a used Les Paul from Peach's website 3ish weeks ago. Pic looked good, called them and had a 15 min chat with someone who got the guitar and talked me through the whole thing. The chap noted down my set up requestes and fitted a new set of the strings I wanted. Excellent service. exactly as pcitured and as we discussed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought my PRS 594 from World guitars they were excellent :)
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1443
    I've bought from Peach and Andertons. Andertons were fine but Peach has clearly opened the box to check the guitar over and then were available to talk to on the phone r when I thought there was an issue (which there wasnt).
  • Peach have always given me good service too.

Also GAK: not as small & personal as Peach but they've always been really good when I've used them
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Thanks. I don't want to buy (acoustic) online but if needs be it's good to know
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Peach are amazing for this 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25111
    edited November 2020
    I like Peach, Coda and World Guitars (although the latter's business appears to be dwindling).
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    Peach, I like the way the photograph and weigh each guitar over a certain price point, usually around £1500 mark.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 778
    tFB Trader
    Hey @lincolnblue - i can help you with an Eastman if you're in the market for a great acoustic. DM me if you want to chat. Cheers Simon 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! FREE DELIVERY FOR TFB MEMBERS (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 502
    + 1 for Peach.

Wherever you go try and have a chat about their returns policy and procedures.
  • Peach all the way. I bought a Les Paul online, over the phone they helped me choose the guitar, which were all individually photographed on the website, trying each one out giving their opinion on their feel and tone etc. Excellent service.
  • thefezthefez Frets: 131
    Bought one each from PMT and Andertons recently. Just went with them because they had the colours I wanted. 
    PMT came out of the box fine and has only just had a set up because I wanted to see what one was like (worth it).
    Andertons was allegedly set up but the intonation is absolutely awful and I will definitely be getting that changed.

I'd happily order from either again though. Delivered on time and with no issues. 
  • Peach, Coda and Guitar village
  • Coda are excellent. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 467
    I bought a 2nd hand Suhr from GuitarGuitar during the 1st lockdown. Whole experience was faultless. 
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 502
    I just had a thought - I assumed you were in the UK, is that right? (Certainly simplifies returns!)
  • Pabcrane said:
    I just had a thought - I assumed you were in the UK, is that right? (Certainly simplifies returns!)
    Yep I'm in the UK
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    Thinking about it, I always buy online these days - of my current crop, one from Peach, one from GG, and two from German retailers.

There’s enough protection these days that I aim for the guitar I want at the right price - but all things equal, then Peach.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    All of my 5 current guitars were bought online. They’re all excellent guitars and the LP and strat in particular will never be sold. 

I’ve had no qualms about trying and sending several others back over the years. Good to play through you’re own kit and directly compare with the others. I generally know within a few minutes whether it’s staying or going.
  • Always had good experience with Gak online , would weigh guitars for me in the past  and would happily discuss discount on things i was looking at.