Brian Setzer Christmas guitar lessons

What's Hot
xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
edited December 2020 in Plug My Stuff
Every year I listen to Brian Setzer's Christmas albums and think how much I'd love to be able to play that stuff. Well, this year I'm finally getting my act together to do it. Each week in the run up to Christmas I'll be posting a lesson based on a guitar intro and/or solo from Christmas Rocks. 

First up, Jingle Bells!

Updates:

Now also available:

Winter Wonderland

Run Rudolph Run
My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winter Wonderland added!

My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    edited December 2020
    Looking forward to watching, thanks for posting. 
    Is that a 6119 Tennessee Rose ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Koa said:
    Looking forward to watching, thanks for posting. 
    Is that a 6119 Tennessee Rose ?
    Thanks! It's a G6122T Country Gentleman. Not mine sadly, borrowed from a mate to make these videos as the closest thing to a 6120 I could get my hands on. 
  • Nice one, Jonny!  
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5113
    Love these Jonny.... <3

@jonnyscaramanga I love the solo on Bon Jovi’s Christmas hit... but I’m shit at learning stuff by ear....if you fancy knocking up a little video, I’ll be your friend forever  =) <3
  • Latest effort: Run Rudolph Run!

I did all solos in one video. Slightly regretting this now as it was four times the work and certainly won't get four times the views, but between them those four solos are a near comprehensive introduction to rock n' roll vocabulary.

Thanks for the kind words, @bingefeller.

@tone1, you mean Please Come Home for Christmas, right? That's a great one. Struggling to make time to film anything at all this week, but it's definitely one I'd like to do. Next Christmas if not this one!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    Great job! Setzer is great and his playing is deceptively tricky!
    Latest effort: Run Rudolph Run!

I did all solos in one video. Slightly regretting this now as it was four times the work and certainly won't get four times the views, but between them those four solos are a near comprehensive introduction to rock n' roll vocabulary.

Thanks for the kind words, @bingefeller.

@tone1, you mean Please Come Home for Christmas, right? That's a great one. Struggling to make time to film anything at all this week, but it's definitely one I'd like to do. Next Christmas if not this one!
    Thanks Jonny... :)