fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24262
edited December 2020 in Music
Brilliant!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    Brilliant. That takes skills.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    edited December 2020 tFB Trader
    I do like such inventive covers - Check out Hayseed Dixie then I'd probably add any thing the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain plays - Shaft is a good place to start

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Dog likes it too...and that matters in my book. 

• Not sure about the music but for some reason I can't stop watching it ;)

The Cardigans Live in Shepherds Bush Empire London 1996 (2) - Iron Man - YouTube
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    I've been listening to this for ages and only just realised that it's a cover:

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    The original post - not my cup of tea personally. No clue what the song is either.
  • I do like such inventive covers - Check out Hayseed Dixie then I'd probably add any thing the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain plays - Shaft is a good place to start

I saw Hayseed Dixie live, wonderful although I suppose it does get a bit ' okay, we get it now.'  They did some original material as well, I'm a big fan of Keeping Your Poop in a Jar. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    tFB Trader
    I do like such inventive covers - Check out Hayseed Dixie then I'd probably add any thing the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain plays - Shaft is a good place to start

I saw Hayseed Dixie live, wonderful although I suppose it does get a bit ' okay, we get it now.'  They did some original material as well, I'm a big fan of Keeping Your Poop in a Jar. 
    I think such 'novelty' acts do have a bit of a time scale to them that is exciting and fresh for a while, but could I listen to it for a long time ? - I first heard Hayseed Dixie on Fender/Arbiters ansa-phone/hold music - I'll check out Poop in a jar - I did not know about any original songs 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    merlin said:
    Dog likes it too...and that matters in my book. 

I was just waiting for the dog to grab the drumstick and run off with it. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24262
    axisus said:
    The original post - not my cup of tea personally. No clue what the song is either.
    Pump Up the Jam was a massive hit single.

I'm amazed you haven't heard it before.
  • axisus said:
    Pump Up the Jam was a massive hit single.

I'm amazed you haven't heard it before.
    UK number 2, not an obscure track. 

Very sweet dog in that video. 

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    I guess if people don't listen to the radio then it absolutely IS an obscure track. I have no television and I don't who who the current celebrities are. I often have to look people up when they're mentioned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:
    I guess if people don't listen to the radio then it absolutely IS an obscure track. I have no television and I don't who who the current celebrities are. I often have to look people up when they're mentioned. 
    Number 2 in the UK back in 1989 and was a huge worldwide hit. Seems surprising that anyone over the age of about 35 wouldn't have some passing familiarity with it. 

My son presented a chart show on community radio for a while so in terms of contemporary hits I'd be useless from about 2000 onward except for 6 months of 2018.