Music videos

What's Hot
I would like to have music videos for the stuff I release, but I don't have the time to learn how to put together a music video. I have tried to music video generators before and they are always a bit shit, what does everyone do for music videos? Are there any forums for short film makers/film students who are looking to create music videos which can be used in their portfolios? If you have any cool music videos, please add a link for inspiration!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• We made a few ourselves and paid for one. Here's the ones we made ourselves:

Performance "lockdown" style video. For this one we each recorded our parts at home (except for the drums) and I just edited the footage together in davinci resolve. Total time investment was prob less than 10 hours. All the instruments apart from vocals were actually recorded by me me though :)

Our take on a lyric video: This one we just filmed using 2 big pinboards at our rehearsal place then our singer did the edit in premiere i think.

Animated Lyric Video, this was the most time consuming one as Ed did all the artwork for it as well. He was doing some of it anyway for promo material but obvs this one took a lot of his time:

Then here's 2 we had made for us. The first one was about £500 all in but the largest part of that was hiring the venue. If you're in the south-east Id def recommend working with Matty Green.

This one is a lyric video we got done for £50 as part of a guy looking to build his portfolio:

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see! You have a nice selection of videos, the pin board lyric video is very cool and your animated lyric videos are really uplifted by the artwork and presentation styles used. I have done one with the basic windows video editor, but it pales in comparison: 

My favourite is the video for Imaginary Friend, you cannot beat a band performance and the colour filtering gives it a graphic novel look that is on point with your artwork. Not an option for me unfortunately as I don't have a band. Looks like I might need to invest some better video editing tools or pay someone some money!
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    This was a quick and dirty lockdown video we did...

https://youtu.be/7fZKGT26ztk

And this was one we shot a decade ago with the old line up.

https://youtu.be/p-Nszct5zC4

but, helps that most of my day job is video work...

happy to help out in anyway...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980 said:
    Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see! You have a nice selection of videos, the pin board lyric video is very cool and your animated lyric videos are really uplifted by the artwork and presentation styles used. I have done one with the basic windows video editor, but it pales in comparison: 

My favourite is the video for Imaginary Friend, you cannot beat a band performance and the colour filtering gives it a graphic novel look that is on point with your artwork. Not an option for me unfortunately as I don't have a band. Looks like I might need to invest some better video editing tools or pay someone some money!
    Da vinci resolve is free and can do that although obviously you need to put in the time to learn it. For the mantra one I basically just put a stock LUT on it and called it a day as my manual attempts at doing a colour grade looked worse than the raw footage :)

Im pretty sure we will do another "pro" one at some point but we wanted to round out the video offerings for our last EP without having much of a budget to do so so the homemade stuff fit that niche quite well. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    poopot said:
    This was a quick and dirty lockdown video we did...

https://youtu.be/7fZKGT26ztk

And this was one we shot a decade ago with the old line up.

https://youtu.be/p-Nszct5zC4

but, helps that most of my day job is video work...

happy to help out in anyway...
    The start of your Lockdown video made me get up and check the door! Is that part surround sound mixing? Other video is cool, I didn't know The Chicken Thieves did originals, I've only heard your covers.

I wish my job was cool; I am a Compliance Manager....
    IMC1980 said:

Da vinci resolve is free and can do that although obviously you need to put in the time to learn it. For the mantra one I basically just put a stock LUT on it and called it a day as my manual attempts at doing a colour grade looked worse than the raw footage :)

Im pretty sure we will do another "pro" one at some point but we wanted to round out the video offerings for our last EP without having much of a budget to do so so the homemade stuff fit that niche quite well. 
    I think I will have to put the time in and learn something, maybe add it to the list for 2021 with the new songs I want to work on. I'll check out Da Vinci.
    IMC1980 said:

The start of your Lockdown video made me get up and check the door! Is that part surround sound mixing? Other video is cool, I didn't know The Chicken Thieves did originals, I've only heard your covers.

I wish my job was cool; I am a Compliance Manager....
    Nah!... everyone just used their iPhones for that, apart from my bit, I stuck a camera on mine. It’s just the sound from Charlie’s iPhone...

We’ve  done a few originals but with the old line up... current line up is mostly covers/function stuff!..
    poopot said:

We’ve  done a few originals but with the old line up... current line up is mostly covers/function stuff!..
    That's the reason I have been quiet with the stuff in here recently, trying to finish off the queue of originals I have. Working from home out of my music room has sucked the fun out of being creative in there, but I am persevering!
    IMC1980 said:
    poopot said:

That's the reason I have been quiet with the stuff in here recently, trying to finish off the queue of originals I have. Working from home out of my music room has sucked the fun out of being creative in there, but I am persevering!
    Producing my lads band has sucked the fun out of music full stop :)
    poopot said:
    IMC1980 said:
    poopot said:

Producing my lads band has sucked the fun out of music full stop :)
    Why is that?