Liam Gallagher: Down By The River Thames

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2041
Anyone else listening? He is on top form tonight so far!!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5152
    I hope he’s got that Parker done right up......it’s bloody freezing tonight 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2041
    tone1 said:
    I hope he’s got that Parker done right up......it’s bloody freezing tonight 
    Lots of woolly hats on display  :) I have heard many of his performances come across as rough on tv including events I attended live which sounded awesome at the venue. Tonight is spot on for me though
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    Is he allowed to travel outside of Tier 3 Manchester ? ;)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited December 2020
    sev112 said:
    Is he allowed to travel outside of Tier 3 Manchester ?
    He lives in North London in his £4M mock Tudor mansion.

“I've a feeling we're not in Burnage anymore Toto”

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    How anyone can bear to watch or listen to that irrelevant, caricatured, half-witted, outdated bell-end amongst bell-ends is completely beyond me.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7116
    edited December 2020
    Hattigol said:
    How anyone can bear to watch or listen to that irrelevant, caricatured, half-witted, outdated bell-end amongst bell-ends is completely beyond me.
    That you our Noel ?
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    That you our Noel ?
    Don't disturb me, I'm trying to eat my soup with this damned fork!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Hattigol said:
    The greatest frontman of our generation, who works tirelessly at every gig for charities and one of the nicest men in the world?

It’s very easy thanks for asking. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    The greatest frontman of our generation, who works tirelessly at every gig for charities and one of the nicest men in the world?

I liked Oasis, but this gives me pause...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Hattigol said:
    I should have watched the more relevant and era defining @Hattigol concert then  =)

Not a fan then lol. Each to their own but love them or hate them nobody can dismiss Oasis as irrelevant. I picked up a guitar for no other reason than wanting to play Oasis songs and I know tons of people from my age group who are the same.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:

I liked Oasis, but this gives me pause...
    Name someone better that’s been at the top for 27 years? 
      I do get why he’s unpopular though, people still see the 20 year old Liam of the 90s, not the late 40s Liam who hit rock bottom after BE, so fully appreciates how lucky he is. 
     Sorry I get quite defensive over Liam as a good friend is in his band so I’ve seen how good a guy Liam is on and off stage, and how genuinely great he is.

I hated him years ago, thought Noel was the good guy, but god he’s a piece of work. 
    CMW335 said:
    Hattigol said:
    I should have watched the more relevant and era defining @Hattigol concert then 

Not a fan then lol. Each to their own but love them or hate them nobody can dismiss Oasis as irrelevant. I picked up a guitar for no other reason than wanting to play Oasis songs and I know tons of people from my age group who are the same.
    Aaah I see. You can't comment on music unless you've released a better album? I'm with you now.

And as for him being 'at the top' for 27 years, wasn't it the other arch-nob Noel who said something like 'Popularity doesn't mean you're any good - just look at Phil Collins'.

Music for lager-swilling neanderthals with their anoraks zipped up inside.

As you say though, each to their own  =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2020
    Hattigol said:
    CMW335 said:
    Hattigol said:

Aaah I see. You can't comment on music unless you've released a better album? I'm with you now.

And as for him being 'at the top' for 27 years, wasn't it the other arch-nob Noel who said something like 'Popularity doesn't mean you're any good - just look at Phil Collins'.

As you say though, each to their own 
    Of course you can comment on music... not sure your post quite achieved that though, it was more of a personal attack which you have now extended to me because I like Oasis I must be a lager swilling Neanderthal? We all have different tastes why not invest your energy in enjoying your own rather than jumping into others with negativity... Xmas spirit and all that 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    CMW335 said:
    Hattigol said:
    CMW335 said:
    Hattigol said:

Of course you can comment on music... not sure your post quite achieved that though, it was more of a personal attack which you have now extended to me because I like Oasis I must be a lager swilling Neanderthal? We all have different tastes why not invest your energy in enjoying your own rather than jumping into others with negativity... Xmas spirit and all that 
    Merry Christmas to you  :)
    Hattigol said:
    CMW335 said:
    Hattigol said:
    CMW335 said:
    Hattigol said:

Merry Christmas to you  :)
    And to you sir  :)
  • Michael Stipe, Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, Bono, Thom Yorke, Chris Martin, Matt Bellamy...

I'm far from trying to argue Oasis weren't great, but Liam is king of "just standing there and singing".
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I know a guitar tech who worked with a band on the same bill as Oasis. Noel was apparently arrogant and aloof - Liam was extremely friendly and seemingly pleasant to everyone he encountered.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Still love Oasis, always will.

All music is good, but none of us can like all of it.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9300
    Michael Stipe, Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, Bono, Thom Yorke, Chris Martin, Matt Bellamy...

I'm far from trying to argue Oasis weren't great, but Liam is king of "just standing there and singing".
    Reasonable post until you mentioned Chris Martin......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78 said:
    Michael Stipe, Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, Bono, Thom Yorke, Chris Martin, Matt Bellamy...

Reasonable post until you mentioned Chris Martin......
    Or Matt Bellamy. 

Joking aside, all great frontmen but none have still have thousands of idiots dressing like them like Liam does. None of them created an era defining Genre, but YMMV.