Oil City Christmas sale

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9984
Hello one and all! As usual we at Oil City Pickups will be getting red faced and sweaty as we prepare to unload our sacks of seasonal joy ... socially distanced of course! :-)

This years Christmas/New Year sale will be easy to remember it will give you a handy 15% discount ... it will start on the 15th of December and we will start posting out pickups built for you on Feb 14th Valentines day. The extra time this year is due to the possible Covid issues. 

The magic coupon code you can use to get this discount on our site is QuarantineSanta    

We all hope you have a better 2021 ... 
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    What humbucker would be best for a jazz box?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4string4string Frets: 33
    tFB Trader
    Chief Bottle Washer @ Oil City Pickups.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9984
    tFB Trader
    Schnozz said:
    What humbucker would be best for a jazz box?
    I usually recommend the softer tone curves of alnico three or four for jazz ... so either my Forces Sweetrheart A4 set, or from my Masterwound range: my alnico 4 Beano or alnico 3 Riot Act (the Riot Act is my personal favourite

PS ... the sale is still on till January 14th ...  :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    getting red faced and sweaty as we prepare to unload our sacks
    TMI.  :3

Speaking of which, what is the standard polepiece spread of the Overkill pickup, please?

Would 53mm E to G count as a bespoke/custom order?
    Be seeing you.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9984
    edited January 2021 tFB Trader
    Hi mate , the Overkill is 63mm to suit Fender string spacing. We'd have to totally re CAD design the Overkill to do 53mm, so it would indeed be a custom job.
    Ash

• D'oh I've just seen this! Teach me not to keep any eye on this part of the forum... Hopefully the sale went well for you Ash :smile: