Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ritchie Blackmore's Syrup

What's Hot
Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
edited December 2020 in Off Topic
I was just watching some youtube videos at lunchtime today and it skipped to some from Ritchie Blackmore's site with various artists saying how great he was. He's one of my all time favourite guitarists so hard to disagree. Nevertheless, he appeared in interviews on some of them and I have to ask this (although I damn well know the answer with almost 100% certainty). Does Ritchie wear a syrup? Made in Japan came out in '72 or '73 and on the cover Ritchie's hair seems wispy at best. However, as years have rolled on he's either using too much super strength Alpecin or he's getting more and more flamboyant rugs worthy of a pre-Raphaelite dandy to the point where his face is fighting with the wig and losing. I found myself trying to imagine him with a completely bald head to the point I was no longer listening.

I guess there are more less obvious guitarists out there that wear syrups. I know Satriani doesn't but I believe Steve Vai does. Gene Simmons, if he doesn't wear a wig, then he should get his shaved off and go and buy one because it just looks like a mop of pubic hair stuck on his head. 

Who else does or who do we suspect wears a syrup in the guitar world?

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments