GFI Systems

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
I have recently bought a couple of their pedals, the Specular Tempus and the Synesthesia. I was wondering if there are any other users of these on here. The Specular Tempus has been round a bit longer so there is a lot of info out there on that pedal but the Synesthesia seems a little bit less common.

I am blown away by the pedals. I think they are very user friendly and I am someone who doesn’t like menu options on pedals. I really struggled with the Timeline for example. However the Specular Tempus made sense to me right out of the box (though I’ve still a lot to learn no doubt) but the Synesthesia took a bit more getting used to in order to dial in tones as each button has a secondary function. 

I have also bought a triple switch for both which really does make them much more user friendly.

Does anyone have any hints and tips for using these pedals or have any patches saved that they can share through the software? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I have the Specular Tempus, and I'm the same as you - I think it's really easy to use. I've found the desktop software is a must to change patches and parameters quickly and easily, and an external switch to change banks is also a good thing. 

Haven't got or found any patches worth sharing yet as it's so new to me, but if I find any i'll let you know.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • The Specular Tempus is one of THE hidden gems in guitar world. It's a glorious pedal
  • I’ve always been intrigued by the Synesthesia! Glad you’re liking it. I use an hx stomp for my mod but the next stop after that was gonna be that pedal!
  • I have a speculation reverb. It sounds great, best reverb I’ve ever had- it’s going nowhere!
  • Clockwork v2: small, clever and sounds great
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I’ve been able to spend a few hours in the app setting up the Synesthesia tonight and what a difference that makes. Everything is simple once you’re in the app. 

As odd as that sounds as it’s infinitely more complex than a normal pedal but actually it becomes very intuitive once you’ve been in the software. Odd! 

Anyhow, all of a sudden I feel I have a bit of a grasp of what the pedals real capabilities are and it’s wonderful. 
  • shaunm said:
    I’ve been able to spend a few hours in the app setting up the Synesthesia tonight and what a difference that makes. Everything is simple once you’re in the app. 

As odd as that sounds as it’s infinitely more complex than a normal pedal but actually it becomes very intuitive once you’ve been in the software. Odd! 

Anyhow, all of a sudden I feel I have a bit of a grasp of what the pedals real capabilities are and it’s wonderful. 
    I had problems with the Synesthesia when I got one: basically I couldn’t trigger any of the envelope algorithms or get the slow volume algorithm to work at all. HOWEVER, everything else sound-wise about the pedal was really excellent. I sent it back for a refund and got a Terraform (simple to use, sounds superb, great pedal) but with all of its capabilities I’m wondering if I was too hasty with the Synesthesia and should give it another chance? It has loads of sounds the Terraform doesn’t have, like the bitcrusher, ring mod, octave...

Hmm... 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    @shaunm

Yes, but it's a well known and proven fact you have the worst taste in amps and pedals of all time

(soz I missed your call last night)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited March 2021
    @Gassage Has spoken, forget what I said  =)

• GassageGassage Frets: 30888

Graeme- a standing and current joke between Shaun and I....every time he recommends something and I go and buy it it's either not right for me or it breaks.....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:

Graeme- a standing and current joke between Shaun and I....every time he recommends something and I go and buy it it's either not right for me or it breaks.....
    Ah, I see! He must have got it right at least once, though, surely...
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    @BintyTwanger77 I think it may be said that me and James look for different things. 

@Gassage mate, what’s happened??
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    shaunm said:

I had problems with the Synesthesia when I got one: basically I couldn’t trigger any of the envelope algorithms or get the slow volume algorithm to work at all. HOWEVER, everything else sound-wise about the pedal was really excellent. I sent it back for a refund and got a Terraform (simple to use, sounds superb, great pedal) but with all of its capabilities I’m wondering if I was too hasty with the Synesthesia and should give it another chance? It has loads of sounds the Terraform doesn’t have, like the bitcrusher, ring mod, octave...

Hmm... 
    Another one to add to the revolving door then mate?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited March 2021
    shaunm said:

Hmm... 
    Another one to add to the revolving door then mate?
    Nah, that was a while ago, didn’t bother again with the Synesthesia, stuck with the Terraform.