Rack case recommendations please

I'm going for the optimistic approach for 2021 and racking up my gear ready for some live work, only problem is I don't have any road proof rack cases so...

What do y'all recommend?  Sturdy, water resistant and value for money recommendations would be most welcome.
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3115
    edited December 2020
    If your touring don’t bother with anything plastic, I would suggest Swan Flight or have a look at Scott Dixon. Nb secondhand is a good way to go
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • If your touring don’t bother with anything plastic, I would suggest Swan Flight or have a look at Scott Dixon 
    On it with seasonal thanks :)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    How big do you need Paul, got a 3U Gator one not doing anything, a nice depth for a JMP-1 (if you ever need another you know where it is) and a Trojan shallow 3U as well (JMP-1 fits put sticks out the back, I used it for my GSP1101 and it is great for stuff like that
  • If your touring don’t bother with anything plastic, I would suggest Swan Flight or have a look at Scott Dixon. Nb secondhand is a good way to go
    ^ This Swan or Castle cases - if it's going to be getting transported in a van get a shock rack, they are not much more and will save a fair amount of wear to your kit.
  • I use the SKB shallow ones for my Kemper.
  • Thanks all. Yes, shock-racks are necessary, might have a mooch on the ‘bay. Going to need 2 x 10u and 2 x 8u.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Thanks all. Yes, shock-racks are necessary, might have a mooch on the ‘bay. Going to need 2 x 10u and 2 x 8u.
    How big are these gigs!  

Big racks always pop up on eBay for not a lot of money
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3581
    There is a flight case warehouse on line that will customers make, they also have used stock which will save a fortune. Ask on here and live sound web for exactly what you need, I dare say there is some quality used kit available right now.
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    If your touring don’t bother with anything plastic, I would suggest Swan Flight or have a look at Scott Dixon. Nb secondhand is a good way to go

not true. the military use plastic  rack cases for portable comms equipment and they are solid (but also expensive)
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2382
    I use a gator 3u shallow one for my Axe FX3. Seems great so far!