What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Currently sat listening to Emmylou Harris - Red Dirt Girl, subtly enhanced by a post-prandial glass of Rioja.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4148
    Fair warning - van halen
      knee deep in the hoopla - starship 
      Skyscraper - David Lee Roth 
      Soundtrack - Top Gun 86

• CryptidCryptid Frets: 406
    Utterly sublime... every time. Gets me right in the epicentre. 

I love forgetting about this track and finding it again. Like a hug from an old friend who knows me better than most. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Cryptid said:
    Utterly sublime... every time. Gets me right in the epicentre. 

I love forgetting about this track and finding it again. Like a hug from an old friend who knows me better than most. 

One of my favourite pieces of music ever. Probably not that much like how people might expect Sonny to sound but just a wonderful track. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CryptidCryptid Frets: 406
    EricTheWeary said:

One of my favourite pieces of music ever. Probably not that much like how people might expect Sonny to sound but just a wonderful track. 
    Agreed. Tenderness at its most raw and fecund.

In the words of the great man himself...

"Remember that your improvisation must have feeling. It must swing and it must have beauty, be it the fragile beauty of a snowflake or the terrible beauty of an erupting volcano. Beauty--no matter how disturbing or how still--is always true. Don't be afraid to let go of the things you know. Defy your weaker, safer self. Create. Make music."
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4774
    Right now? Warpaint - Radiate Like This. West Coast Trippy harmonies at their dreamy, groovy finest. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Some fabulous ol' southern rock from Jo Jo Gunne's 1972 debut album.
    https://www.indeepmusicarchive.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Jo-Jo-Gunne-1972-.jpg

They were crazy good on that first album and the track 'Academy Award' is an utter classic.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    edited June 2022
    ‘Sabbath Bloody Sabbath’ 

love Sabbath especially the first 4 albums but at the time only really liked three tracks off this, but today actually had time to properly listen to it all the through for the first time in about 40 years,
    And it’s brilliant! A real eye opener for me.
    Keys, strings ,Ozzies vocals all great and Bill Wards drumming for me is excellent .
     It’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed an album so much all the way through, especially one I’ve had for over 40yrs!

And I’ve just broke down in tears coz had it on random play and ‘Fluff’ has come on last and it was my mum’s favourite - fuckin hell forgot that ..brought back so many memories of her.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22783
    edited June 2022
    PhilW1 said:
    ‘Sabbath Bloody Sabbath’ 

love Sabbath especially the first 4 albums but at the time only really liked three tracks off this, but today actually had time to properly listen to it all the through for the first time in about 40 years,
    Keys, strings ,Ozzies vocals all great and Bill Wards drumming for me is excellent .
     It’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed an album so much all the way through, especially one I’ve had for over 40yrs!

And I’ve just broke down in tears coz had it on random play and ‘Fluff’ has come on last and it was my mum’s favourite - fuckin hell forgot that ..brought back so many memories of her.

I think it's very underrated, one of their best.  And it's got "A National Acrobat" which is probably my absolute favourite Sabbath track. 
    Nice story about your mum, I hope they were all good memories!  My parents wouldn't even have heard of Black Sabbath.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    Philly_Q said:
    PhilW1 said:
    ‘Sabbath Bloody Sabbath’ 

I think it's very underrated, one of their best.  And it's got "A National Acrobat" which is probably my absolute favourite Sabbath track. 
    Nice story about your mum, I hope they were all good memories!  My parents wouldn't even have heard of Black Sabbath.
    All good memories thanks
    and National Acrobat is one of my all time favourites by anyone 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    Right now? Warpaint - Radiate Like This. West Coast Trippy harmonies at their dreamy, groovy finest. 
    One of my favourite bands - drove all the way to Glasgow to see them live a couple of weeks back. Third time I’ve seen them, each time in a different city! Good gig again.
    Eat em smile - David Lee Roth 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28145
    New Astronoid album. Absolutely triumphant return to form. Gloriously "hit all the drums all the time". Guitar solos. It's basically happy pop-metal and it's awesome.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3901
    The Smiths. 
    Van Halen II 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22783
    edited June 2022
    Social Distortion - White Light, White Heat, White Trash

I'll probably move on to some Backyard Babies, I think they have a similar vibe - uplifting punk rock with catchy tunes and cool guitar solos.

Followed by the War on Drugs listening party...

Now back in Scandinavia for a bit of black'n'roll courtesy of Kvelertak.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Top of the Stairs by Maxband.

Side project from one of the Parquet Courts. I love everything about this EP. Great understated playing from a band working together to bring out the best from the songs. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    Ziggy Stardust.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SporkySporky Frets: 28145
    What a lovely week - new Kardashev album out. Not quite as awesome as The Almanac, but very decent.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."