Live Drugs - War on Drugs

stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26967
No chatter on here that I can see but it's *immaculate*. Highly recommended for anyone with even a passing interest.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• yockyyocky Frets: 809
    "I like the good ones" is my standing on TWOD. Enjoyed listening to this at the weekend even if it's a bit mellow for my Neanderthal tastes.

Big Granduciel fan though. The guy seems like a mensch. Loved his Rig Rundown
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yocky said:
    "I like the good ones" is my standing on TWOD. Enjoyed listening to this at the weekend even if it's a bit mellow for my Neanderthal tastes.

Big Granduciel fan though. The guy seems like a mensch. Loved his Rig Rundown
    That's perfectly fair. I'm not an uber-fan but really enjoy them when I'm in the right mood. This live record is close to perfection for me though - all the best stuff, played fantastically well
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Lost in the dream is a phenomenal album. Saw him/them touring it, and they sound unbelievably good. Great gig. 
  • MattWMattW Frets: 80
    Really liking it. In a year with no gigs such a great sounding live album has been timely to say the least.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Just had a listen, really good
  • I’ll check that out. I’ve really liked the last couple of albums when I finally got around to hearing them. I was very late to the party as for ages I’d heard the name but it sort of put me off them (I mean, it is a shit name) 
  • I’ve now had this on related right through an 11 hour work day (with 20 minute “Under the Pressure” drumming break...)

I’m a bit addicted. Can’t wait for gigs to be a thing again - they’ll be high in my priority list
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    Thanks, will take a look  :)

Been a fan since hearing Lost in the dream.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6904
    Nice one. Didn’t know this had been released. It’ll be the soundtrack to Xmas.  =)
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Cheers for the heads up to that.  Just d/l it. 
    Funny band really cos while they wouldn't come to mind as a "favourite" I've actually clocked up a ton of listening hours to their stuff so I clearly like them. 
    The live thing is great too -- I've often thought how much absolute fun it would be to cover this stuff live and then felt a bit sad knowing it would only fall on its arse playing it down the Dog & Duck. 
    Anyhoos, one track in and so far so good!
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Thanks for that. I've seen them a few times live and quite how they manage to get the dense mix to work without sounding like sludge is an amazing feat. I love their music and always find it an excellent thing to retreat too if I've had too much rock oriented listening.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    That was a great find...cheers. Amazing that I didn’t see the release date in November, but I guess we all have a lot of things on our collective minds.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have"