The music you made or released in 2020

What's Hot
IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
edited December 2020 in Making Music
This year has been good for one thing; getting down to working through the backlog of demos and ideas actually putting some stuff out. For me it has come at expense of some of the challenges that I normally enter, but it has also been good to get tracks out in the wild so I can move on to newer backlog I have.

Interested to hear how everyone else got on this year, post a link to a playlist with everything you made or released this year. I'll start off with mine; I managed to get out 9 originals and 3 covers, I think I could have got another two in if I wasn't using my studio as an office space... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2280
    Yeah I agree. Normally running around rarely able to get down to music in any concentrated way. 

My band Scoorieboy released an album a few weeks ago. Some of this was done sending and receiving files of parts in lockdown. 

I have all the band instruments and amps in my house which has a little study studio. Drums in a spare bedroom. John my co writer and singer made all the videos. 

https://scoorieboy.bandcamp.com/album/few-who-stop
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    edited December 2020
    Wow! This sounds incredible! Which parts of it were recorded at home? The separation and space in the mixes is really good. The bass and drums also sound really punchy but very natural, great job!

I really like The Last Bell, it has a real Second Coming/Seahorses feel to it. Favourite mix is the first track Sink, I don't know who Spiral is, or if it is even a person (I assume it is the person who did the mix), but that is a killer opener!
  • Nearly mine.... My Sons latest work..... Everything l know l learned from him.... 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398
    I've written and co written 9 songs this year. After 30 years of covers bands grinding I really enjoyed working on originals again. The process was pretty easy, write the basic song, record it using programmed drums  and send it  complete with my rough vocal to the singer in my band. He would then tweak  the lyrics and melody, and I would record  his vocals in a booth I built in my garden which was wired to my home studio. Then it would go over via We Transfer to our keyboard player and he would replace my keys parts with better sounds and playing. Some songs had the drums re recorded by a session drummer and then all the songs were mixed by a friend in Dunstable. 

For videos we used snippets recorded on our phones mixed with library footage 

Here's 3 songs from the upcoming album, all recorded on an ancient iMac and cheap Mbox audio interface. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • 0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Myself and a singer friend write and record together under the name KINGSMEAD. We just released our debut album.   https://kingsmead.bandcamp.com/album/kingsmead
    edited December 2020
    rze99 said:
    Yeah I agree. Normally running around rarely able to get down to music in any concentrated way. 

My band Scoorieboy released an album a few weeks ago. Some of this was done sending and receiving files of parts in lockdown. 

I have all the band instruments and amps in my house which has a little study studio. Drums in a spare bedroom. John my co writer and singer made all the videos. 

https://scoorieboy.bandcamp.com/album/few-who-stop
    Cheers @IMC1980 ;; thanks for checking out. 

Actually pretty much of it at my home, except some vocals and bits that were recorded at John's home.

I produced all the tracks. Half of these tracks were ones we have had played live (while doing some covers for fun) the others were just ideas in progress that we worked up in lock down.  99 Percent of it was recorded on my PC using Propellerhead Reason 11, A focusrite channel strip, Behringer desk, T-Racks Toontracks, and my drums, percussion, amps and guitar pedals, with our own band mics. We're pretty old, we've done pro stuff so we know a few old tricks. John (vocals, co writing, bass, some guitar) makes all the videos in his home studio which are all just iPhone + iMovies. 

jaysmith said:
    Myself and a singer friend write and record together under the name KINGSMEAD. We just released our debut album.   https://kingsmead.bandcamp.com/album/kingsmead
    Nothing to do with being based in Kingsmead Road..... I don't suppose.....
    JohnCordy said:
    Nice John

PS I used your old EJ Strat on our album. Lovely job.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
    edited December 2020
    How are you embedding the Bandcamp players? - not working for me...

Amazing, I'm going to sit down with a beer and listen to all of the posts later!
  • Ah, well. I had quite a productive year - a friend asked me to do music for an online launch thing for a book of poems she'd illustrated, and I ended up setting one to music and releasing it: 

https://johnpeacock.bandcamp.com/track/quietly-remarkable

Then I got together a bunch of instrumentals and released them under the pseudonym Trey Fontaine:

https://johnpeacock.bandcamp.com/album/trey-fontaine

Then I spent most of the rest of the year finishing up tracks I'd been working on for years, finally releasing it a couple of months ago:

https://johnpeacock.bandcamp.com/album/my-bumper-book-of-lies

(The cover is by the same illustrator that I recorded the first song for.)
  • (And to answer my previous question, you just paste in the link and the forum takes care of the rest. I should have more faith in the forum.)
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    An old band mate uploaded our old bands recordings from the late 90’s to Spotify, Tidal etc, apparently there’s been thousands of streams earning the grand some of 21p ! 

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2JFa07062eoXa3erdkTNeL?si=7J0vOcl5SQGViMQeAKrxVw
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7754

Well . . . ;)

32 albums of weird, ambient, glitchy fun, all of which can be listened to (and downloaded) for free.

https://sonickoalas.bandcamp.com/

You can pay if you wish (a few people have, and a huge thank you to them as no matter the amount it always makes me smile) but I don't mind if you don't.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Nearly mine.... My Sons latest work..... Everything l know l learned from him.... 

The music is brilliant, who did the videos? The first one was so good, the music became the background by the end of it (if that makes sense) about 3:20 when the light happens is where the visuals took over and the music was the soundtrack for me. Incredible! 
    Danny1969 said:
    I've written and co written 9 songs this year. After 30 years of covers bands grinding I really enjoyed working on originals again. The process was pretty easy, write the basic song, record it using programmed drums  and send it  complete with my rough vocal to the singer in my band. He would then tweak  the lyrics and melody, and I would record  his vocals in a booth I built in my garden which was wired to my home studio. Then it would go over via We Transfer to our keyboard player and he would replace my keys parts with better sounds and playing. Some songs had the drums re recorded by a session drummer and then all the songs were mixed by a friend in Dunstable. 

For videos we used snippets recorded on our phones mixed with library footage 

Here's 3 songs from the upcoming album, all recorded on an ancient iMac and cheap Mbox audio interface. 

Enjoyed all of them mate! Really liked Tides, how are you making your videos? All the songs had a 90s indie/britpop feel to them which as a 40 year old, obviously struck a chord with me! Subscribed to your channel.
    JohnCordy said:
    Fucking hell John, I had a listen to a couple of tracks on the first link and found them very beautiful, are you planning to put vocals to them at any point? I also listened to some of the YouTube album which was cool. But Ritual! That should be a chart hit! It is stunning, who did what on the track? Love your use of reversed sounds as well, one of my favourites. 
    jaysmith said:
    Myself and a singer friend write and record together under the name KINGSMEAD. We just released our debut album.   https://kingsmead.bandcamp.com/album/kingsmead
    Yes! Proper heavy rock!! I would love to see a band playing these songs, I miss live gigs.... Checked out the opener and Children of Evil (who wouldn't?) Reminded me of Van Halen and Dio era Sabbath, very cool!
    I now have to wrap presents and get the living room ready for two very excited children. I will check out the rest either tomorrow if I get a chance or boxing day. So much talent here!!