Oz Noy - Mad Genius

What's Hot
grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1342
Listened to Schizophrenic again today after a long while.. one man's madman is another man's genius and all that. Both beautiful and hideous in equal measure but all the better in my view for it. Twice in a While is the standout track for me; utterly lovely but with some laugh-out-loud note choices in the solo section; I say laugh-out-loud as the lines are laughably out there and yet fab at the same time.

Si
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Never heard of him! I'll check him out when my current listening ends
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    He pops up on various YouTube things and was a semi regular in Guitar Player but I don’t really know his stuff at all. My attempts have been ‘okay he’s supposed to be an interesting guitarist let’s hear something...’ and thirty seconds later I’m going ‘ooh disjointed noise I’ll turn that off.’
    Right I’ll have a go at having an Oz Noy Tuesday. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Check out this - he's a stunning player - very original and not gonna be to many people's taste on here I'm guessing - knowing your tastes I think you'll like him @axisus (you post a lot of the same stuff I like that doesn't get much love on here :)).
    This one messes my head up
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    He works with amazing players all the time too

• @Vaiai - yes spotted Luke and Dave Weckl on a couple of tracks I was playing this morning. 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    @Vaiai Those were way more accessible than I was expecting, very cool! The stuff of his I’ve heard before was way out there, too much for me, but those two videos are great!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Vaiai said:
    Check out this - he's a stunning player - very original and not gonna be to many people's taste on here I'm guessing - knowing your tastes I think you'll like him @axisus (you post a lot of the same stuff I like that doesn't get much love on here :)).
    I tried some generic live thing at first and it didn't really grab me, but yeah, I liked that one.
  • westwest Frets: 996

Guys a monster and so versatile ... i watched some of his giant steps reharms on fb absolutly ridiculous ...