epiphone master built

What's Hot
hi. just got a epiphone master built hummingbird. man this thing is fantastic really great sound and really loud , sweet guitar .i would say to people for the price get one . FAB
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I remember way, way back, a Hummingbird for sale 2nd hand. It was brilliant but I couldn't afford it as a student. Pity. It was £45.00!! Shows how long ago that was!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • those days are gone , i had a ac30 1965 , i paid £45 for it in 72. best rock amp ever
  • 2020 version? What's the neck profile like?
  • 2020 version? What's the neck profile like?
    Its more of a round c shape .not to big . 12 radius and very smooth , finished off to a high standard
  • winstony said:
    2020 version? What's the neck profile like?
    Its more of a round c shape .not to big . 12 radius and very smooth , finished off to a high standard
    Nice :+1: 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I’ve got the Masterbilt Frontier, absolutely superb guitar, VERY impressed indeed! I actually really fancy the aged natural Hummingbird too!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Great job epiphone . very nice 
  • Ok  have had the masterbuilt hummingbird for a week  now , have tweaked the neck and restrung with elixir . its starting to open up played for a couple of hours a day . big bright sounds . excellent guitar and plays real easy . great neck . would  say if you want a acoustic for a great price and sound . its a no brainer !

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3894
    Good to hear. With this feedback and that of the Frontier in another thread I am becoming more tempted. I’ve been considering a Texan or J45, which I understand are basically the same except the scale length.
  • they are very good guitars , 
  • I've got a Masterbilt DR-500 and have recently had the strings changed to coated ones and the action lowered and it sounds great.Not a big fan of the slimmer fretboard (or at least it seems slimmer than standard to me.) Excellent sound both acoustically and plugged in too.
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2629
    Congrats, those are beautiful and there's something undeniably cool to me about Epiphone.

In the States our online vendors are doing a lot of on-and-off discounts on the other Masterbilt models (aj-45 and dr-400/500) to make room for these "inspired by Gibson" arrivals.  Market seems to have shown that people are willing to pay a few hundred more for higher quality all-solid wood Chinese and Indonesian factory builds.  These Epi Hummingbirds blow the old "pro" ones out of the water.
    I’ve had a delivery today, my “Inspired By Gibson” J45.

It’s strange how they are being sold as IBG in some counties and Masterbilt in others. The box says Masterbilt J45 on it...anyway, it’s fantastic and I love it.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888

It’s strange how they are being sold as IBG in some counties and Masterbilt in others. The box says Masterbilt J45 on it...anyway, it’s fantastic and I love it.
    Confused.. There was a clear Masterbilt line before the IBG, is there any reference to IBG on it at all? Is the headstock the new design?
    edited January 2021
    Andy79 said:

Confused.. There was a clear Masterbilt line before the IBG, is there any reference to IBG on it at all? Is the headstock the new design?
    The headstock is the new design yes.  They are known as IBG in the UK but are Masterbilt and marketed as such elsewhere. It states Inspired By Gibson on the soundhole label.

This is my guitar, photo from the Peach website...

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    The recent Masterbilt archtops looked amazing value - couple of things made me hesitate.

1. They are very much targetted at Americana rather than Jazz (unlike say The Loar)

2. Would require titting about (technical term) to get a jazzy pickup installed - I know there's piezo.

So my search for a jazz beater led me to a Epi Broadway (Natural), which I am going to (when it's warmer) replace the stock pickups with a SD Seth Lover (Bridge) and Benedetto Seth Lover (Neck)

This is what one guy has done to a Masterbilt Deluxe from Frugal Archtops on Facebook

From this

To this

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Wow, that’s some transformation. Wonder what his name is...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Wow, that’s some transformation. Wonder what his name is...
    :)

He does bespoke scratchplates for archtops - he's very good !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Thats FAB!
  • update on said epiphone master built .its starting to really open up ,sounds fantastic