SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Torres valve reverb unit - needs repair work done. £150 ONO plus postage

HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23147

I bought this a few years ago for around £300 after selling my original Fender reverb tank and it did the valve reverb job beautifully. Sadly something happened in a house move and it's no longer working properly. The unit powers up fine and passes signal. As you turn the reverb mix knob from 0 to 10, you can hear some crackling and, crucially, no reverb. I don't know whether it's the circuit or the actual reverb tank itself that is faulty. The tank in there is an Accutronics 9AB2C1B tank. 

The major design flaw is that you can't get the reverb tank out of the head unit. Frustrating and silly! 

The unit will come with the original 6K6 valve, a Jan Phillips 5751 valve in at the 12ax7 slot, and a JAN Phillips 12at7. You will need a kettle style power cord as I've had to nick the one off my Fuel Tank to power this up! You will almost certainly need some screws as I've lost most of them taking it apart today :D

So this is sold as 'needing repair'. £150 or near offer. Not looking for any trades, thanks. I'm based in Bristol. Happy to post at your expense, would prefer collection, but I'll be able to send this out safely and well wrapped. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom