SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fano Alt de Facto PX6

CFHCFH Frets: 463
edited January 2021 in Guitars £
Hi all,

Thanks for looking. Having recently come to the conclusion that I'm squarely a "one guitar" guy (I know I know), I am selling my number two, a lovely "Dennis Fano era" Fano Alt de Facto PX6, made in the PBG factory at Arroyo Grande, California.

Fano became part of PBG in around 2010, which meant that they shared a build space with a number of other extremely high end guitar builders including Two Rock amps, Gustavsson, Saul Koll, and Jason Schroeder. Fano output was overseen by Dennis Fano and the legendary luthier Gene Baker. In short, this era of Fanos are spectacular guitars.

This particular one is from 2015. It has a very lightly aged NOS blonde finish over an ash body  (just a bit of checking), Lollar gold foil pickups, and a mastery trem. PX6's are usually supplied with a stop tailpiece so this is a factory upgrade. The neck is a late 50s round back C shape (.860 - .970: not too large, not too slim) with a 10 - 16" compound radius and a 24.75 scale length. Comes with all the extras: the Fano branded custom G&G hardcase, the hang tag, the build sheet and the QC card.

More pics can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/K7IExgj ;

I am based in Leeds, but I have a very sturdy guitar box here so I am happy to package it up very securely for the buyer to arrange postage.

I am looking for £2,100 ono, which appears to be the going rate for an Arroyo Grande Fano Alt de Facto (not to be confused with the much cheaper Fano Standards now made in Arizona) and the price of the last one on this forum. It's also much less than I paid for it recently (second hand) so hopefully a steal for someone!

Any questions, please ask.

In terms of trades I might consider high quality low wattage valve amps, or a Chase Bliss Tonal Recall RKM. Possibly a cheap US tele, but would need a decent amount of cash my way. 
0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    That is a fabulous looking guitar and Casper is a top guy to deal with. Good luck with the sale.

Your Imgur link isn't working for me though?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CFHCFH Frets: 463
    Hattigol said:
    That is a fabulous looking guitar and Casper is a top guy to deal with. Good luck with the sale.

Your Imgur link isn't working for me though?
    Thanks Stephen, very kind :) 

Imgur is a nightmare: I've put the images below... 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6439
    Bloody lovely !  GLWS
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9847
    Wow. Wow.
    @Jalapeno @Wazmeister thank you both! It's a really excellent instrument. 

The Lollar gold foils are so well suited to this guitar. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24714
    Nice!  Just a comment, but I'm curious why they went with a Mastery trem but not a Mastery bridge.
  • I’ve played this guitar and it sounds as good as it looks. 
    @Philly_Q - My Jazzmaster has a Mastery Trem with a Staytrem bridge. The Mastery trem is completely independent so can be used the almost any bridges. 
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24714
    I’ve played this guitar and it sounds as good as it looks. 
    @Philly_Q - My Jazzmaster has a Mastery Trem with a Staytrem bridge. The Mastery trem is completely independent so can be used the almost any bridges. 
    Oh yes, I realise that - I was just curious why they'd chosen this bridge.  I guess we'll never know! :)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16415
    I keep looking at this......tis a thing of beauty ,really is.
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    PM'd
    Thanks all, it's a beauty that's for sure! 

PMs replied to :) 
  • allenallen Frets: 806
    Did this ever sell?
    allen said:
    Did this ever sell?
    I'm afraid it did. Good luck with your search though. 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 742
    tFB Trader
    @allen We’ve a new ADF PX6 in stock ready to go if you’re in the market. DM me 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • allenallen Frets: 806
    Thanks, but I’m after something with a trem