Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wandavision

What's Hot

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1814
    I don’t see us getting 2 episodes on Friday. Disney+ is only showing 1.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Boo !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Don’t give up. I may be wrong.
  • Brio said:
    Don’t give up. I may be wrong.
    You weren’t
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Now it’s getting spicy!
    Half my comment disappeared. 
    Maybe it was the hex
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    To repeat -
    The short runtime is compensated for by the hour long family chat we have afterwards on what happens next. It’s been brilliant. 

It dawned on me this evening that now, every Friday we as a family are getting pizza and all sitting round the telly watching a tv show together. Last time this happened I was 15. 
  • darius said:
    To repeat -
    The short runtime is compensated for by the hour long family chat we have afterwards on what happens next. It’s been brilliant. 

It dawned on me this evening that now, every Friday we as a family are getting pizza and all sitting round the telly watching a tv show together. Last time this happened I was 15. 
    Yeah I must prefer this type of release rather than dropping a whole season at once. We did the same thing for The Mandalorian too
    The dual entity cameo was pretty freaky but at the same time almost logical. I haven’t read the comics though so don’t know if this was expected.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3536
    Well, that was a proper WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!?? moment with the knock at the door..

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Greatape said:
    Well, that was a proper WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!?? moment with the knock at the door..

Yep. At least we've got a rough idea of how they're going to merge it all now.

I had to explain the implications to the wife...

"It's like Rachel from Friends showing up in Sex in the City".

<space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2021
    Sideways but loaded reference to an 'engineer'...ok: famous Marvel scientists/engineers who are not Stark..go ...(-;

Death of dog....I have a feeling that was... significant. 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26953
    edited February 2021
    I don’t think it will fully merge with FoX-Men (because they likely want to recast the majority of roles) but clearly there is a “leak” between universes. That, I’m guessing, may link into the appearance of JK-JJJ at the end of Spider-man FFH, which was set at roughly the same time as this. 

The reference to “aerospace engineer” HAS TO BE Reed Richards, right?!

I’m any case I’m enjoying it a lot, and one of my main takeaways is that I’d like an X-files style show with Jimmy Woo doing “monster of the week”. That might actually get me to pay for Disney+!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I don’t think it will fully merge with FoX-Men (because they likely want to recast the majority of roles) but clearly there is a “leak” between universes. That, I’m guessing, may link into the appearance of JK-JJJ at the end of Spider-man FFH, which was set at roughly the same time as this. 

The reference to “aerospace engineer” HAS TO BE Reed Richards, right?!

I’m any case I’m enjoying it a lot, and one of my main takeaways is that I’d like an X-files style show with Jimmy Woo doing “monster of the week”. That might actually get me to pay for Disney+!!
    I think you may very well be right. The beauty of the multiverse/spiderverse coupled with Wanda's reality-rewriting is that it gives them carte blanche to do whatever they want. Maybe something like a reverse 'House of M', Wanda will bring mutants to the MCU. 

Yes, it must be RR. Note the ref to cosmic background radiation ('cosmic rays'). Cueing up the FF in 3,2,1...

I'm actually kind of excited.
    Elsewhere I speculated that the impending cameo was the Silver Surfer. I’m starting to wonder now if that is still on the cards.
  • Brio said:
    Elsewhere I speculated that the impending cameo was the Silver Surfer. I’m starting to wonder now if that is still on the cards.
    Thing is, it's pretty well-known that WandaVision is the setup to the next Dr Strange film, not the FF. I suspect they'll be introduced in that film, not a TV series.
    <space for hire>
    Brio said:
    Thing is, it's pretty well-known that WandaVision is the setup to the next Dr Strange film, not the FF. I suspect they'll be introduced in that film, not a TV series.
    They have form for laying hints years in advance..so I agree: highly doubtful we'll see the FF but I think it's a clear hint they are coming down the pike. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Greatape said:

Can someone explain to me (PM is fine or hide spoilers), apart from the obvious, why this is the case? (re: DigitalScream's comment). I'm not a MCU nerd; I enjoy the films and the big general story arcs but not really down with the nitty gritty of it all. 

So any further insight to help me understand WTF is happening would be splendid :D 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Greatape said:
    Sideways but loaded reference to an 'engineer'...ok: famous Marvel scientists/engineers who are not Stark..go ...(-;

Two possibilities...

1.  Wanda can't undo death, that was a real dog which ate real berries and died, and it's foreshadowing for Vision's eventual realisation that he is dead and is not coming back to life.

2.  Wanda didn't undo THAT death, but she CAN, which means on some level she is realising what she is doing is wrong.

I tend towards 1.

This is a very dark show that is going to end heartbreakingly sadly, I am not watching the finale with anyone in the room, I spent three hours blubbing through sodding Endgame.

"I love you 3000...." blub, blub blub etc...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Greatape said:

Two possibilities...

1.  Wanda can't undo death, that was a real dog which ate real berries and died, and it's foreshadowing for Vision's eventual realisation that he is dead and is not coming back to life.

2.  Wanda didn't undo THAT death, but she CAN, which means on some level she is realising what she is doing is wrong.

I tend towards 1.

This is a very dark show that is going to end heartbreakingly sadly, I am not watching the finale with anyone in the room, I spent three hours blubbing through sodding Endgame.

"I love you 3000...." blub, blub blub etc...

I said to my wife as we we watched last week's episode that we aren't going to like how it ends...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)