Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wandavision

What's Hot

Comments

• Oh yeah, I think we can be confident that it’s going to end with her tearing a whole in the fabric of the universe
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• This is a very dark show that is going to end heartbreakingly sadly, I am not watching the finale with anyone in the room, I spent three hours blubbing through sodding Endgame.

"I love you 3000...." blub, blub blub etc...

preceded by "Mr Stark.. I don't feel so good.."   blub blub... etc
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Greatape said:
    Sideways but loaded reference to an 'engineer'...ok: famous Marvel scientists/engineers who are not Stark..go ...(-;

Erik Selvig or Jane Foster.... more likely than Reed Richards at this stage.. especially given Darcy Lewis' appearance.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• This is a very dark show that is going to end heartbreakingly sadly, I am not watching the finale with anyone in the room, I spent three hours blubbing through sodding Endgame.

"On your left"

• Greatape said:
    Sideways but loaded reference to an 'engineer'...ok: famous Marvel scientists/engineers who are not Stark..go ...(-;

Erik Selvig or Jane Foster.... more likely than Reed Richards at this stage.. especially given Darcy Lewis' appearance.

Nah, Fantastic Four is in the next movie phase.
  • Isn't Vision a machine - so dead is a little debatable...

Bit like when does a strawberry die...

Ooo Brian, your hair still looks lovely, where's Dara?

Ok, the last two were Infinite Monkey Cage references for the uneducated!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    edited February 2021
    joneve said:
    Greatape said:
    Well, that was a proper WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!?? moment with the knock at the door..

Can someone explain to me (PM is fine or hide spoilers), apart from the obvious, why this is the case? (re: DigitalScream's comment). I'm not a MCU nerd; I enjoy the films and the big general story arcs but not really down with the nitty gritty of it all. 

So any further insight to help me understand WTF is happening would be splendid D 

Someone can give you a shorter version, but here's my take... In the comics, the X-Men and the Avengers inhabit the same universe. However, in the real world, years ago, long before the MCU films properly kicked off, Marvel sold the rights to the X-Men to a different production Company (Fox). This means that the MCU films haven't been able to include any X-Men. This was also the case with Spiderman until recently which is why Spiderman only showed up relatively late. Marvel have recently reacquired the rights to the X-Men stuff, and people have been wondering if they might bring the X-Men to the MCU party. In the comics, Wanda and her brother Pietro (aka Quicksilver) are the children of Magneto, a major character in the X-Men. Wanda and Pietro were introduced into the MCU, but with no mention of mutants or Magneto. Pietro died (in Age Of Ultron). In the X-Men films produced by Fox, Pietro has also appeared recently, as a mutant. The reason that this IS A BIG DEAL is that the Pietro who knocked on Wanda's door in the MCU is played by the actor who played him in the Fox X-men films, not the Pietro who died in the MCU films. Hence the comment from Darcy that "she's recast Pietro?" i.e., Marvel have found a way to get the "mutant" Pietro into the MCU, with the expectation that other mutants will follow.

Maybe not a big deal to anyone who isn't a geek, but I'm excited.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    joneve said:
    Greatape said:
    Well, that was a proper WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!?? moment with the knock at the door..

Can someone explain to me (PM is fine or hide spoilers), apart from the obvious, why this is the case? (re: DigitalScream's comment). I'm not a MCU nerd; I enjoy the films and the big general story arcs but not really down with the nitty gritty of it all. 

So any further insight to help me understand WTF is happening would be splendid D 

test
    That didn't work :D but Digitalscream has PMed me and filled me in...soooo WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1826
    Isn't Vision a machine - so dead is a little debatable...
    We're all machines mate but most of us have our thoughtbox in a meat based computer.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Greatape said:

Thor: Love and Thunder??

My trading feedback

• Greatape said:

Thor: Love and Thunder??

Their own standalone, which is probably a way down the line, but definitely coming - I doubt they'll be introduced in any material way before that, but you never know if they might get more mentions or bit-parts in something else on the slate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe:_Phase_Four#Fantastic_Four
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754

This is a very dark show that is going to end heartbreakingly sadly, I am not watching the finale with anyone in the room, I spent three hours blubbing through sodding Endgame.

"On your left"

That film was fucking brilliant, it really, really was, so was Infinity War.

What surprised me with Endgame was how quickly I got a "wet eye", just as Hawkeye is looking for his family.  By the time Tony died I was a mess and then they had that funeral scene.

This youtube clip just made me well up at work.

I may have emotional problems, sorry.

You are the dreamer, and the dream...

"On your left"

That film was fucking brilliant, it really, really was, so was Infinity War.

What surprised me with Endgame was how quickly I got a "wet eye", just as Hawkeye is looking for his family.  By the time Tony died I was a mess and then they had that funeral scene.

This youtube clip just made me well up at work.

I may have emotional problems, sorry.

nah, you're just invested.. sign of good content
    My trading feedback

• joneve said:
    joneve said:
    Greatape said:

test
    That didn't work :D but Digitalscream has PMed me and filled me in...soooo WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. 
    I updated my original post, spoiler tags working now
  • @darthed1981 totally agree. Obviously anyone who hasn’t been following since 2008 won’t necessarily give a shit, but for anyone who has seen all of them it was such a finely-balanced bit of narrative you can’t not be impressed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1826
    @darthed1981 totally agree. Obviously anyone who hasn’t been following since 2008 won’t necessarily give a shit, but for anyone who has seen all of them it was such a finely-balanced bit of narrative you can’t not be impressed. 

If I was told 'you can see one last film' Endgame would be it. Pretty much perfection. Great story arc and 'people'I got to care about.

Or Debbie Does Dallas obvs.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    joneve said:
    joneve said:
    Greatape said:

test
    I’ve seen nearly all of them and I don’t understand. Also someone mentioned there being two episodes last week but there was only one?
    joneve said:
    joneve said:
    Greatape said:

test
    Yep, got it now. Forgot about the other thing as not seen the other thing film where you know who is on it for years. 

Sweet baby Jesus! 
  • Well now, quite a bit to unpack in episode 6.

Properly picking up the pace now.
    <space for hire>
    Well well well....that was....interesting...