Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #66

What's Hot
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #66. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 31st January 2021.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes.

You can find all the entries the playlist below.

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/sotm66-2020-12

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Really hard to choose on this one. They're all very close.

I'll go for

5 points : @fastonebaz : Imaginative and shreddy. I wasn't sure what was going on at the start until I saw your video on the original thread.

3 points : @digitalkettle : Creative and varied.

1 point : @DrCornelius : Jazzy and a different take on things.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Voting closes tomorrow (31st Jan) at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • Damn...some very imaginative entries this month!

5 points: @stratman3142 - nice smooth delivery...plenty of naughty notes
    3 points: @fastonebaz - that was a ride...really enjoyed it...tone reminded me of Powerslave/SiT-era Maiden ;)
    1 point: struggling to decide here...haven't seen @DrCornelius enter before so I'm going with him (sorry @Bellycaster) - very measured approach and grown-up tone

• 5 points @stratman3142 - Loved the tone and tension in the note choice here and exceptional use of the Trem really nailed it.

3 Points @digitalkettle - Nice layering and clever use of Call and Response (Well, it is a "Cops" Backing Track) :) Nice mix of Eerie, Subtle and Shreddy.

1 Point @DrCornelius - I thought George Benson had entered the room when I heard this. Too good for 1 point but that's them rules. Loved the tasteful, Jazzy feel to it.

Good solo by @fastonebaz too, I liked it better as it progressed. Very skilful playing as usual.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4088
    5pts @stratman3142 ; the tone was soooooooooo liquid and compressed i loved it and the superb control in the playing was a joy
    3pts @DrCornelius i have a soft spot for anything jazzish, great tone and feel, the swing of the lead was a good match for the funk of the bassline
    1pt @digitalkettle really creative and imaginative again, so much going on there!

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7108
    edited January 2021
    Sorry folks I was really looking forward to being involved with this but right on cue I’ve been hit really hard with CV19. Its day 13 today , I'm still in bed and I’m still not able to focus on anything including listening and voting. Sorry , I look forward to being involved properly next month.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry folks I was really looking forward to being involved with this but right on cue I’ve been hit really hard with CV19. Its day 13 today , I'm still in bed and I’m still not able to focus on anything including listening and voting. Sorry , I look forward to being involved properly next month.
    Sorry to hear that...hope you're back on the mend soon!
  • Sorry folks I was really looking forward to being involved with this but right on cue I’ve been hit really hard with CV19. Its day 13 today , I'm still in bed and I’m still not able to focus on anything including listening and voting. Sorry , I look forward to being involved properly next month.

That's bad news. I really hope you start to feel better soon.

It's not a competition.
  • Voting closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • 5pts @stratman3142 ; the tone was soooooooooo liquid and compressed i loved it...

It's Helix Native using the following blocks: Red Squeeze > Hedgehog D9 > US Princess

The delay is NI Replika XT in 'Tape' mode.

The guitar is my HSS Strat with the S1 switch engaged to put the neck and middle pickups in series.

It's not a competition.
  • Voting closed.

It's not a competition.
  • 5pts @stratman3142 ; the tone was soooooooooo liquid and compressed i loved it...

It's Helix Native using the following blocks: Red Squeeze > Hedgehog D9 > US Princess

The delay is NI Replika XT in 'Tape' mode.

The guitar is my HSS Strat with the S1 switch engaged to put the neck and middle pickups in series.

Very nice.