EMG wiring question.

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
I have the EMG BQC System in my sandberg. It's a 4 knob set up like an active jazz.
Volume 
Balance
Stacked mid / freq
Stacked treble / bass.

I'm currently wearing a finger splint on my middle finger and when I play with a pick (the only way I can at the moment) and the splint hits the Volume control. 

So I'm thinking of removing the mid control stack (which I don't use a lot) and shifting the Vol and Balance down a hole each leaving the top hole empty.

I know EMG systems are designed to be modular BUT does anyone know if it is that easy? Looking at the EMG website the individual stacked Treble / Bass control looks very different to the one that comes with the BQC system. The Mid / Freq control has a large circuit board. I am wondering if that board houses the brains in the system.

BQC System

BTC Control

You can see that the BTC is different from the bass/treb stack in the top picture (the smaller of the stacked ones.

I don't mind buying the BTC if I have to, but if I can save the money then that's better.

ta.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    You suppose correctly. The large PCB of the BQC houses all of the EQ circuitry. 

I suggest that you play on a different portion of the strings until your injury is fully healed.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Is there room in the cavity to just tuck the spare control in the bottom? Wrap it in paper to stop it shorting on anything.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    You suppose correctly. The large PCB of the BQC houses all of the EQ circuitry. 

I suggest that you play on a different portion of the strings until your injury is fully healed.
    That is estimated to be a year to 18 months and only then will I know if I can play with fingers again.
    Bit long a time period to put up with not playing how I want (which is still not playing how I really want!)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    ICBM said:
    Is there room in the cavity to just tuck the spare control in the bottom? Wrap it in paper to stop it shorting on anything.
    It was a bit tight fitting it all in but I'll have a look at that.