Hendrix Izabella intro question on finger placement

So many rude ways to title the thread.

Look at the opening 10secs of this

Playing the way he does it, it seems a real rush to get the fingers back in the right shape to play the chord shape each time just before the D on the low E string when doing it at speed. 

What do you reckon. Just practice or change the way it is fingered so the chord shape falls more readily under the fingers each time? 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Patrizio's playing is expert as he gets the feel (yes, it's a loose jam, I know) and makes hitting that chord a lot easier than Bite sized hands do: 

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6680
    edited February 2021
    Hey Luke, Happy new Year!

I'm not entirely sure what he's doing in that video although it sounds great. The angle not all that clear. Is he just barring across all the strings with his index finger so it's just the middle finger that needs to shift to the string below after it is used on the ascending bit?

EDIT: Just went to subscribe and saw I already was. He's incredible!

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • The fingering seems to be about as economical as it could be. Best way to practice this I think would be to focus on playing it on just the 4th and 6th string to start with. When you get comfortable with that, add in finger 2 on fret 11 on the third string by rolling it from 4th to 3rd string. Once you can get that up to speed, slow it down again and add in the 1st finger on the second string. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    edited February 2021
    Looks like BSB plays more of the D chord - D, B & B strings. Whereas Patrizio looks to be hitting the D & G... Love his feel, so loose but controlled at the same time.

As with all Hendrix stuff it's just getting the feel and running with it. As they say... he never played it the same way twice 

Looks like BSB plays more of the D chord - D, B & B strings. Whereas Patrizio looks to be hitting the D & G... Love his feel, so loose but controlled at the same time.

As with all Hendrix stuff it's just getting the feel and running with it. As they say... he never played it the same way twice   

Yeah reckon you're right there. Good call. 

The fingering seems to be about as economical as it could be. Best way to practice this I think would be to focus on playing it on just the 4th and 6th string to start with. When you get comfortable with that, add in finger 2 on fret 11 on the third string by rolling it from 4th to 3rd string. Once you can get that up to speed, slow it down again and add in the 1st finger on the second string. 
    I'm fine with it all except nailing the chord each time at speed so will have a go with rolling/barring and see how I get on. Cheers.