Tough week for guitar hunting, 2 slipped from the net

What's Hot
Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 325
I'm always checking out reverb, this forum, ebay and japanese shops for guitars I've always wanted.
So last week I found a jackson guitar in absinthe green - I have been wanting a green superstrat for 4 years! I finally found one, and asked the seller to hold it for me while I sold my Telecaster to fund it (I had bought the Tele on my girlfriends request, brand new, made in my birth month, and lake placid blue).

After selling the Telecaster, the seller told me he sold it to someone else and just said sorry! It took me a few hours to get over it, as I have been looking for such a guitar for about 2-3 years, and now I might have to wait an ice age again....So I kept on looking and found another guitar I really like as much - a bengal tiger burst - the seller said he can drop it off at my parents house in Paris, and the deal was about to be done, then no communication for a day to tell me he sold it to someone else....
I now have the money from my Tele to get a superstrat but there won't be any in my color for a loooong while....

My lesson learned is to enjoy the guitars I have and stop looking for something better, or something green.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Or buy something you have been looking for immediately, never count a transaction complete until you have the item in your hands.  I can see where this is going when you said "hold the item for you".  At least pay him a deposit so as to bind him to his words.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    Sellers probably get loads of people messing them around, and it may be hard for them to tell whether someone asking for it to be put on hold is serious or not. 

Sorry to hear that your dream guitar slipped through your fingers. Perhaps set aside some money so that you are ready to buy immediately that you see one next time? 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    How long was it between asking him to hold it and you selling your tele? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's too bad - and I hear your frustration. Whilst cash is tight, that's good advice to try and have a small sum ready as a deposit (albeit it sounds like you are now in a position to pounce).

I guess you have already put out an APB on here ?
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I reckon you've had a lucky escape if absinthe green is anything like that slime colour.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18730
    If the Absinthe green Jackson was the one in your other thread, you didn't lose out you dodged a potential big problem there  ;)
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/199787/e-strings-misalignment#latest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 325
    Lesson learned, don't go guitar buying before you have the cash on your account. Absinthe green is a metallic color, different from slime and transparent green. But it's just a color, buy a guitar and get it refinished