Boss Tonebender pre order through Macaris

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11811
    Fishboy7 said:
    I still haven't heard anything from Macaris.  You'd think they would get the first delivery. 

I'm pretty sure those high prices are a temporary anomaly.  Once they've all shipped I expect prices will be around face value.  
    Total guess.

I think the prices will drop a little from next week onwards when there would be the MAX sales from flippers.  This is when they sell.

From then on, as more people who buy them are both players or collectors, then the number coming on for sale will be lower, as this happens slowly, the supply will slow and drop and you will see it rise again slowly.  I foresee this slowly heading to the direction of Klon.  No that level of insanity but just pure supply and demand economics.

So if you plan to pick one up on the used market, I would consider one at £500 (i think that would be the bottom), this number should hit in the next couple of months.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1646
    edited June 2021
    Spoke to GuitarGuitar and their stock just landed so guess they'll be emailing out the payment links shortly for anyone who pre-ordered from them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Fishboy7 ; Me neither. I'll post when I do. My guess is Boss shipping is incredibly well organised and all the UK shipping went out together but taking awhile for that to filter to the stores through customs / UPS or whatever. 

Macaris is what like 3-4 people ? and possibly got a larger share than anyone else so may take some time. Ant was very responsive when I emailed them about an address change a few months ago but he mentioned it could be chaotic once they arrive.

@Vintage-T Out of curiosity the email that you got for payment how long did they give to pay? Just thought if anyone did miss the email  it wonder what the gap would be till they list your pedal again sure they have a waiting list from regualrs etc. Think you also left mobile number so sure they would call.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    @stevrossthepipe ;
    It didn't specify a timescale, just a hey, we have that pedal you preordered, click this link to pay if you still want it.

Mine's been shipped, so looking forward to getting it tomorrow....hopefully

:)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11811
    Popped Andertons a message asking about ETA.  Hopfully it will get sent out tomorrow for the weekend.

"We are due to receive our batch within the next day or so. Once the goods arrive, they will need to be checked in by our warehouse team before they are allocated to pre orders and dispatched. We normally allow 24-48hrs for this depending on the volume of order being processed at the warehouse. Once your order has been dispatched, you will be notified along with the tracking information."

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    My GG order email for the remaining deposit just popped into my inbox. Should have it latest Monday apparently. 
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 653
    My GG order email for the remaining deposit just popped into my inbox. Should have it latest Monday apparently. 
    Same. Gutted it’s not for the weekend as the missus is away!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1646
    The guy said to me on the phone that if you pay before 3pm it should go out with todays shipments. You might get lucky!
    Dan_Halen said:
    The guy said to me on the phone that if you pay before 3pm it should go out with todays shipments. You might get lucky!
    That would be ace. Might depend how far it’s gotta travel too. Fingers crossed!
    Yeah I paid earlier so you never know! 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Boss have done an incredible marketing job on this pedal. Who would have thought so many middle-aged men would be creaming themselves with anticipation, like a 7-yr-old on Christmas eve? All over an industry-standard, lowly Boss pedal, which copies a circuit widely available in hundreds of other pedals. Not criticising - I've been there too! Just an observation. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    So hopefully mine should arrive tomorrow. I have an interview and an eye appointment so hopefully I'll catch them
    So hopefully mine should arrive tomorrow. I have an interview and an eye appointment so hopefully I'll catch them
    Yep, got the delivery e-Mail too! Arriving tomorrow :)
  • Got my macaris email from Ant - nice can’t wait !! 
    Seemed hand written if you know what I mean ha. So maybe just doing one by one so don’t worry if any one hasn’t  got theres I reckon. 

Enjoyed this bit of the email ha 
    ‘ ( PLEASE NOTE - ANYONE INTENDING TO BUY THIS JUST TO FLIP IT FOR A PROFIT WILL BE CURSED BY THE FUZZGODS 

YOUR FINGERS WILL SHRIVEL AND YOUR PRIVATE PARTS WILL CEASE TO FUNCTION 

YOU ARE NOT COOL ! )

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Crushing disappointment tonight to check on parcel progress, only to see that Macaris have sent via my hermes, so I’ll be receiving my one in august some time now
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671
    Vintage-T said:
    Crushing disappointment tonight to check on parcel progress, only to see that Macaris have sent via my hermes, so I’ll be receiving my one in august some time now

Make sure to check your bin, hedge and/or pond daily.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1276
    Lebarque said:
    Boss have done an incredible marketing job on this pedal. Who would have thought so many middle-aged men would be creaming themselves with anticipation, like a 7-yr-old on Christmas eve? All over an industry-standard, lowly Boss pedal, which copies a circuit widely available in hundreds of other pedals. Not criticising - I've been there too! Just an observation. 
    Boss pedals as a collectible were already a thing, there are already quite a few of their pedals which command a premium because of how rare they are. This is probably the rarest of them all though, presuming they don’t find the makings of a second run.
    Vintage-T said:
    Oh man why did they use them?!! 
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    Lebarque said:
    Boss pedals as a collectible were already a thing, there are already quite a few of their pedals which command a premium because of how rare they are. This is probably the rarest of them all though, presuming they don’t find the makings of a second run.
    I can’t see the second run ever happening. I genuinely don’t believe they would have made much money out of this. 
    In response to the first post, I don’t think there is anything wrong with collecting items either. This has been a huge collaboration that should live up to the hype. It’s on par with pedals almost double in price at retail. A lot of people who have one say they’re easily worth the cost… 

get mine today so will try it out
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    I’ve never felt so much fomo and I don’t even use fuzz!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom