Boss Tonebender pre order through Macaris

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Dan_Halen said:
    TINMAN82 said:
    £300?! I don’t get it.
    I don't think it will be all that and a bag of chips, but it's probably a very nice tone-bender style pedal with some modern features that will be pretty rare and in demand.

£300 is about twice what I'd be *happy* paying but either I'll love it and keep it or sell it and easily get my money back. If it comes out and it turns out that it sounds fantastic, it'll take a lot more that that to get hold of one. If it's pretty meh, or even very meh, it'll still be easy to move on. Also, it's GuitarGuitar and my expectation is that I'll end up not actually getting one despite pre-ordering.

Under no illusions that it's a magic pedal and accept that other stuff on the market may well sound better for (significantly) less, but it's a bit of fun in some generally miserable times.
    I think you hit the nail on the head Dan, exact same attitude i am having towards this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Well GG are now showing sold out too. This is now putting the Supro Delta King 10 at £399 in a very tempting position...
  • DoveholesDoveholes Frets: 137
    edited February 2021
    Ah too late...I ordered through Andertons, albeit quite early, before 9am.

Me too. My order summary on the Andertons account page says: BOSS Limited Edition TB-2W Waza Craft Tone Bender Fuzz Pedal - DO NOT OVERSELL INCOMING STOCK
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And... now sold out at Andertons. Which is reassuring at least!
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Still on sale at GAK, not that I’m looking..
  • I had a Sound Affects chap trying to get me one but unfortunately he couldn't. Great store though.

Luckily my family were on the lookout so I've got one from GG before they took it off their page/stated sold out.

I thought they'd be almost 350 at least. No doubt scalpers got some... They'll be on ebay etc for £600 soon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PMT have it at £349, which is taking the piss.
  • I like to have one of these but the value of it after all 3000 are gone would make me scared to use it for fear of damage, which defies the point of having it for me. I think i'll pass tbh.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Doveholes said:
    PMT have it at £349, which is taking the piss.
    PMT will also happily sell you what they don't have. It's their party trick.
    Dan_Halen said:
    Doveholes said:
    PMT have it at £349, which is taking the piss.
    PMT will also happily sell you what they don't have. It's their party trick.
    Yeah, don't get it from PMT.  

If you want one, keep an eye out for USA shops.  It seems they haven't released them yet as the time zone difference.  Check CME, Sweetwater etc.
  • I got one from Anderton's around 9am. I'd have guessed around £300 - it's a lot of money, but I've been after a Tone Bender for a while. While I hate the flipping thing, it's good to know that it'll be easy to move on if I don't love it. 
  • I have got two pre-ordered as I was worried about Andertons overselling and not delivering so I preordered one at peach as well. All looks fine though so if they deliver on my order for one I’ll happily sell the spare to someone on here at the retail price(not looking to make any money)- hope this is ok to say on here. If not will delete. Would rather it went into someone’s hands who really wants one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I have got two pre-ordered as I was worried about Andertons overselling and not delivering so I preordered one at peach as well. All looks fine though so if they deliver on my order for one I’ll happily sell the spare to someone on here at the retail price(not looking to make any money)- hope this is ok to say on here. If not will delete. Would rather it went into someone’s hands who really wants one. 
    I really don't think there will be ANY objection to you selling the spare at cost.
  • I have got two pre-ordered as I was worried about Andertons overselling and not delivering so I preordered one at peach as well. All looks fine though so if they deliver on my order for one I’ll happily sell the spare to someone on here at the retail price(not looking to make any money)- hope this is ok to say on here. If not will delete. Would rather it went into someone’s hands who really wants one. 
    I really don't think there will be ANY objection to you selling the spare at cost.
    Haha you never know with the internet sometimes!!
    It won't let me comment on the one above but that's a decent thing to do man! You have every right to make money on it but it's great to see people with this attitude. 
  • Yeah, I’ve been trying to get one and can’t find one anywhere so if you’d be willing to sell it to me I’d definitely buy it!
    I have got two pre-ordered as I was worried about Andertons overselling and not delivering so I preordered one at peach as well. All looks fine though so if they deliver on my order for one I’ll happily sell the spare to someone on here at the retail price(not looking to make any money)- hope this is ok to say on here. If not will delete. Would rather it went into someone’s hands who really wants one. 
    Haha you never know with the internet sometimes!!
    People generally dislike scalpers but they have no problem with honest people.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    I like to have one of these but the value of it after all 3000 are gone would make me scared to use it for fear of damage, which defies the point of having it for me. I think i'll pass to be honest.
    That's actually why I sold my FZ-2 - great pedal, but at what they're going for now (still only half this one), I didn't want to gig it for fear of damage or theft - I use it for bass, and it's the only pedal I use so it sits at the front of the stage all on its own. My Behringer Super Fuzz sounds identical and I could buy another six or seven for the cost of replacing the Boss, so I bought a spare Behringer and sold the Boss.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein