SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson Les Paul Studio 1997

CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
edited March 2015 in Guitars £
Selling my LP Studio.

This was my first decent guitar which I bought around 10 years ago.  Compared to some of the other studio's I have played in guitar shops when trying out amps, this one has a much nicer tone and feel.

The guitar had been modded a bit but when I got it I replaced everything (tuners, bridge, tailpiece, pick up surrounds, pick guard and volume/tone knobs) with the genuine Gibson parts to give it a more original look.

Pickups in the guitar are a Seymour Duncan Invader in the neck and a Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge.

As a 17 year old guitar it does have quite few nicks and buckle rash on the back.  No neck breaks or anything like that.  I also had to repair a hole in the paint on the neck when i first got it but the neck is still smooth and hard to notice the repair now.  The paint finish also seems to have reacted with the stand it was on and some of the paint on the edges of the guitar have sort of dissolved.  The pictures in this photo album hopefully give a good idea on the condition.

Basically the guitar needs a bit of love or would make a great back up guitar as it is.  I don't really need a backup and my PRS just does everything I need now.  I was going to make it my next project so that I could learn a bit more about guitar set ups but just not getting round to it.

Hopefully this gives a fair impression of the guitar but I appreciate that a unique fixer-upper might not appeal to everybody...  

The guitar also comes with a non-gibson hard case.

I'm based in Redhill, Surrey.  Looking for £350, collection ideally.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments