Christopher Plummer RIP

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
edited February 2021 in Tributes
Sad news, he was a superb actor with great presence. I absolutely loved him in Knives out a couple of years ago. He was so good in the film that I really wished that he'd had more screen time in it. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55954950

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    He had an interesting career, never one of those megastars whose name alone is enough to "sell" a film, but nevertheless highly distinguished and respected - and he kept that status for many, many years.

I'm quite surprised, he looked pretty healthy despite his advanced age.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    edited February 2021
    I'll always remember him as the Shakespeare loving Klingon general Chang, from the second best Trek film.

RIP
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    edited February 2021
    He was a surprisingly excellent Sherlock Holmes too, in Bob Clark's Murder by Decree - with Holmes and Watson (played by James Mason) on the trail of Jack the Ripper.
  • darthed1981 said:
    I'll always remember him as the Shakespeare loving King on general Chang, from the second best Trek film.

RIP
    This (although I think you mean Klingon ;) )

And Sir Charles Phantom, the notorious pink Litton.

RIP.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6055
    Fantastic actor right up to the end. Saw him in movie very recently, playing a dementia suffering Jewish camp survivor out for revenge; he carried the film singlehandedly. So many great roles over the years. A life well lived.
  • Bugger, really liked him and looked forward to his films. Thought he was excellent with great presence, recent performances have been top notch. I particularly remember him in Syriana playing the role of a menacing legal adviser with aplomb, a real masterful performance in a great film.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746

This (although I think you mean Klingon ;) )

Thanks, edited.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...