Lava Acoustics

What's Hot
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0887X1TGV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_F1P3TBZWF9BPHB8QNVB7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looking abit like a tissue box, these keep popping up. Are they abit of a one trick pony or actually OK? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Bet they are those dead type ponies which have no tricks at all
    What in Gods name came over the guy who thought that up

£699.....

Re invented the wheel and made it square

or a triangle 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18378
    edited February 2021
    Jetfire said:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0887X1TGV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_F1P3TBZWF9BPHB8QNVB7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looking abit like a tissue box, these keep popping up. Are they abit of a one trick pony or actually OK? 
    Don't know anything about them, which qualifies me to say " I don't know anything about them"
    So I advise ignoring any advice from anyone that has not actually owned/played/tried them, but still feels that their opinion counts for something...
  • Introducing the FlyNeck.

The geometry shape of flyneck utilize the parametrization theory to design.

According to the different force bearing paints above the neck to optimize playing experience.

Fretboard shifting and pressing strings are now more comfortable.

Well, that's sold it to me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dead and lifeless. Sounds like a Gibson
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Quote from the above video
    “that’s how it sounds, sounds like a guitar “

What a great review 
  • I played an all carbon fibre guitar at the Northampton guitar show a few years ago.

I seem to recall it had a very dead sound and felt like it had about as much projection as an asthmatic mouse yelling through a bog roll.

I really like the idea of carbon fibre. I think it works unbelievably well on the parker fly so I think it could have some carry over to acoustic but its all about getting the top right and I dont think carbon fibre is right for the job. Back, sides and neck yes, even the fretboard
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.