My very own guitar course! Feedback and FREE Sample of a lesson

dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
edited February 2021 in Plug My Stuff
Hi Everyone

I would love your opinion and thoughts on a guitar course I am currently writing and how to market it! 

I'm a guitar teacher who has been teaching for 20 years and i  have spent the few years writing my own guitar course from Beginners up to intermediate. Testing out material on my very own students So i know it works! 

I really feel confident that I am offering something different to what everyone else has out there. It focuses all areas of playing and musical knowledge taught in a structured fun way by learning real songs. It taught in Phases and i'm aiming for the future to have 10 Phases. 

The internet is full of information is very confusing which path to take, I feel confident that my step by step approach is something that I wish I had learnt when I was learning. 

I'm in the process of setting up a patreon page and youtube/instagram. Marketing side of this is quite new to me so I would love everyones views on how to market this

I have written out Phase 1 already to show the world and all others I have mapped out the content I just need to write it into software which takes so long! But i'm hoping beginners can step on board and follow me. 

My thoughts are this...

Would you buy each phase for say £30  or would you choice to pay monthly like patreon for £4.50. Its very hard for me to ask how much would you pay as you haven't seen it! I'll attach a picture laster with a sample of a PDF. 

If I go down the Patreon Route I'll lay out each tier in Phases As you work through the phases you step up onto a different tier. This means the lessons are structured and you haven't got a 1000's lessons on one tier to work through, 

I would then use Youtube for video content to supplement the material in the Phases.

So really my main questions  are 

1) Would this be of interest to anyone on here?

2) Course or Patreon? Cost?

3) Let me know if you would like a Free sample of a lesson. In exchange for some honest feedback!

Thanks for your time! 

Dean

PATREON PAGE https://www.patreon.com/dmmusictuition?fan_landing=true

SAMPLE PAGE https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpdatg1ocxnjs0q/Chords S1.pdf?dl=0

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DEan,

Can you post a lesson on this thread ?

The feedback and support might be invaluable.
  • Is paetron still used,  I thought the flavour was now with buymeacoffee or onlyfans  nowadays. 
  • Is paetron still used,  I thought the flavour was now with buymeacoffee or onlyfans  nowadays. 
    Never heard of buymeacoffee to be fair. I'm only aware of Patreon...
  • Personally I like the Patreon approach. I'm more reluctant to pay for a course upfront not knowing if it really suits me and if I would benefit from it. A montly subscription is good as long as there's sufficient content to start with and it's updated regularly.

Just my preference of course...
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    edited February 2021
    DEan,

Can you post a lesson on this thread ?

The feedback and support might be invaluable.
    https://www.patreon.com/dmmusictuition?fan_landing=true

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpdatg1ocxnjs0q/Chords S1.pdf?dl=0

Right guys I have uploaded a few sheets. I need to edit some of it but it gives you an idea. I will have music reading, theory and Aural lessons too for this first Phase. 

You can all look at Chords - Stage 1 Sheet PDF which is available for everyone to see.

What be great for some feedback!
    edited February 2021
    how do I upload a PDF? I think everyone can see the PDF if you sign into Patreon?
    edited February 2021
  • Great stuff - only little niggle is perhaps explain what the grey dot in the chord diagrams is supposed to mean as well.

Best,
    Sammy
  • Great stuff - only little niggle is perhaps explain what the grey dot in the chord diagrams is supposed to mean as well.

Best,
    Sammy
    the faint 3rd fret marker? 

Thanks

Best,
    Sammy
    the faint 3rd fret marker? 

Thanks
    Haha yes - makes perfect sense as hadn't looked at a chord box in ages and was wondering what it was !

Was wondering if it meant anything - might be worth letting newbies know - great stuff !

Best,
    Sammy
  • moremore Frets: 230
     Your course looks good . But the main question is can you sell it ? .  I'm sure you the understand  difficulty of learning to play a guitar. The  problem is, it take time and practice to be able  to play  even the basics . A lot of beginners will not see the benefit come  fast enough and will not what to pay your monthly charge . The other problem is you have some strong competition. Justin Guitar Courses are well established and free . That is not to mention the mass of books that  available for a single one off payment .    
  • I do understand this and yes there is competition but I feel my approach is different and makes it easier from day 1. I’ll be uploading tutorials on YouTube also and have exclusive tutorials for Patreons only. I charge more than £10 per lesson and most private students have weekly lessons so to have only spend £10 per month seems like a good deal? 
  • The plan is also to have Phase 2-5 up fairly soon which build ups on all these concepts for more advanced. So you pick your tier and what you would like to learn. Have a pitched too high do you think? I was thinking each tier would be the same price. 
  • Phase 2 just added. 

Lots more material too come but hope it gives you an idea
  • I have set up an instagram page too for those interested.

https://www.instagram.com/dmmusictuition/

• do you think £10 for the  Phase tiers is too much?