SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Cheap acoustic needed for mother in law

What's Hot
Long story short the MIL has just been diagnosed with cancer , so she is now classed as vulnerable and doesn’t want to leave the house while she is getting her treatment, she has now decided that while she is in lockdown completely it’s a perfect time to learn to play the guitar ( her pal teaches a wee bit of hippy guitar so they will do zoom lessons)  so they asked if I had a spare acoustic she could borrow, I don’t I only have one acoustic currently. So thought I would ask here if anyone has something cheapish ( no more than £100/£150 as I will be buying it for her ) before I trawl the depths of fleabay. 
Cheers in advance it’s been a trying week for us all 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi MIke,

sorry to read this, but really pleased that your MIL is looking forwards and setting herself positive targets.

a couple of questions:

Nylon or steel strings?

Size - sub-dreadnought I assume?

Whereabouts are you in the country? I’d be happy to look locally and ship/meet up if that would help.

Also, I have a Capo, nylon strap with lever which fits over the strings which I’d love to send you as a gift to encourage your MIL’s guitar explorations.
  • Hey mate yeah something small I reckon , steel strung be ideal 
    Im in West Yorkshire mate 
  • If you’d like the Capo, please PM me your address. 

Ok, I’ll start looking, small and steel strung it is. 
  • swampyswampy Frets: 33
    pm'd @mikeyrob73 ,
    regards
  • Pmed right back atchya @swampy ;
  • Probably sorted now that to@swampy ;y
  • Massive huge thank you to @swampy for the wee Washburn acoustic , @FunkyGibbon for the cap and @abw1989 for the tuner and plectrums , £105 all in and she is sorted , unfortunately they have just just rushed her to Jimmy’s in Leeds to start radiotherapy tomorrow so it’s worse than we first expected. 
    Hi Mike, so so sorry to hear that news, I hope & pray that things go well for her
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    Fingers crossed for you.
    Hi Mike, how is your mum in law-hopefully things are going well for her
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Hey @swampy she seems to be doing well and remaining upbeat through it all, she is just really tired a lot at the moment which I guess chemo will do to you 
    Fingers crossed mate.
  • Chemo is brutal and simply duffs up the entire body. Praying for her and the family.