zoom guitar lessons - recommendations

nickpnickp Frets: 183
edited February 2021 in Technique
any recommendations for zoom teaching please

I'm thinking an hour a fortnight perhaps.

intermediate - blues/modern blues bias, maybe moving to basic jazz if I do enough homework

someone willing to come up with lesson plans and decent homework as I need focus without the impetus of any live playing

I've contacted a couple but with no response   Someone good with pedigree as I've had 1-2-1 lessons from some excellent teachers in the past but need less "masterclass" and more - go do this, come back next week and we'll do that kind of structure
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• @challen ; - highly recommended. Did a few lessons with him and progressed my playing by some measure. Gave me clear exercises to practice.  https://www.instagram.com/charlieallenguitar/?hl=en
  • I can highly recommend my guy, Lynden at www.thisisguitar.co.uk - we've been doing remote lessons for 12 now. His email is lynden@thisisguitar.co.uk 
    edited February 2021
    I’ll be happy to talk to you about it if you like.
    I have a good track record in helping players learn about playing the changes In blues and learning how to move into Jazz.
    Also helps massively with country and rock playing.

https://harrogateguitarandbasslessons.co.uk/
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • I’ve been really enjoying Zoom lessons from Howard Johnstone - http://howardjohnstoneguitar.co.uk/index.html
  • bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 420
    edited February 2021
    Had a zoom lesson with Aynsley Lister. It was great. If you want modern blues you won’t find better. Hit him up on Instagram.

Just to caveat I wasn’t looking for a lesson plan or homework, more tips on improvement to technique and tweaks based on what I was already doing. Best £45 I spent last year though.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    thanks to everyone.  It's interesting how good value the "names" can be - although Ainsley probably is more of a masterclass.  I've got a zoom lesson booked in with someone from this forum who messaged me early in the process and so far it's looking pretty good.  First lesson this week :)
  • nickp said:
    thanks to everyone.  It's interesting how good value the "names" can be - although Ainsley probably is more of a masterclass.  I've got a zoom lesson booked in with someone from this forum who messaged me early in the process and so far it's looking pretty good.  First lesson this week :)
    Hope you enjoy it nickp 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4192
    nickp said:
    It's interesting how good value the "names" can be
    There's a flip side to that coin...some of the names are awful teachers. I had a disastrous lesson with a name player who just didn't say anything...it was clear that he thought the deal was I'd ask questions and if he thought the question was worthy he'd offer some pearls and if not he'd just raise his eyebrow and shrug. He didn't ask me a single thing about what I was trying to achieve....I lasted about 48 mins of the scheduled hour and made my excuses. It also became clear that just about anything he seemed willing to explain, he'd already hawked around every online channel he possibly could and it was all out there for free.

On the positive side though, someone who is outstanding at teaching online is Levi Clay. He's a great teacher anyway, but quite uniquely he's embraced the online platform to actually enhance the teaching. You'll be on Skype with him and if the conversation requires it - bosh - he's put a tab up on screen, or a link to a youtube, a scale diagram anything. He's got the workflow down.
  • nickp said:

So how did it go?
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    Switch625 said:
    nickp said:

So how did it go?
    I enjoyed first lesson and have a plan which is good.  Booked another for a fortnight and it's good to be working on specifics and with a direction