Fender Mustang Micro

What's Hot
BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 660
Just been demonstrated on the Andertons YouTube channel. For £90 they look like a simple solution to headphone playing. Anyone else tempted?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    The user interface looks a bit rudimentary.
     :) 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    Yeah I'm tempted, would be a nice convenient quiet practice thing. I like how simple it is, would stop me from tweaking too much and just play. Need to hear some better high gain demos first, the Anderton's one is awful when they get above the light crunch tones. Could have at least rolled down the tone control if he needed to stay on the Tele!
  • stilwelstilwel Frets: 20
    Sassafras said:
    The user interface looks a bit rudimentary.
     :) 

It's meant to be very simple, yet flexible without the necessity of connecting to a phone app. You have 12 amp tones and 12 effects combinations to choose from.  Each effects combo has 5 different variations to provide more or less effect or modify modulation speeds, delay times etc.  The EQ is there to compensate for bright/dark headphones or even differences in guitars such as bright Teles.  
    FENDER - Scottsdale, AZ
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6098
    I must admit to being tempted by this, especially when I saw that it had Bluetooth on board cos I thought it would be great to use with my Skull Candy BT earbuds. and then I saw it only receives on BT and doesn't send(?)
    That's a show stopper for me as I don't fancy having a cable dangling (fnaar, fnaar).
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    equalsql said:
    I must admit to being tempted by this, especially when I saw that it had Bluetooth on board cos I thought it would be great to use with my Skull Candy BT earbuds. and then I saw it only receives on BT and doesn't send(?)
    That's a show stopper for me as I don't fancy having a cable dangling (fnaar, fnaar).
    I can’t think of any guitar related products that are compatible with Bluetooth headphones/earbuds. The latency from the pick attack to your ears would be on the order of 100s of milliseconds. Which would feel like playing a slapback echo (or worse) with no dry signal. 

This is not a problem with the Micro. It’s an inherent deficiency in current Bluetooth technology. 
    FENDER - Scottsdale, AZ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 773
    Yes, thats how it works with my mustang GT amp, just receives a Bluetooth signal. In reality its not an issue if you have a decent set of headphones which come with a long cable.

It's still one less lead to get in the way when you want to play along to music from your phone, which is the only slight annoyance with my line 6 pod go.
    FENDER - Scottsdale, AZ
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Had the RJ Ronquilo demo on my YouTube feed earlier. I am no judge at all of the high gain tones ( and he's still doing it with a Tele which might not be the right instrument as he acknowledges) but the clean and crunch tones and some of the effects sounded good. I have a Mustang amp which is probably a generation or two behind and what it does well it does well, what it does badly can be a bit Mickey Mouse admittedly. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    I thought that demo sounded great. Obviously a great player and a great guitar, but the clean and slightly crunchy tones were right up my alley. I like my Vox amplug, but this would be like having 2-3 of them, with added Bluetooth functionality, which is a pretty good package for a hundred quid.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    Still waiting for some proper higher gain demos but I also accept that's not Fender's remit. Probably just gonna get the NUX Mighty Plug!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    If it's anything like the old Mustang the high gain is terrible.

That said the same is true of the Nux.

Yes true, I would probably leave it on the Plexi model the whole time, that one sounds great in all the demos and seems like it would do the modded Marshall thing well.
    Here's a quick video I did using the Uber model playing along with a Dream Theater backing track.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLxt4sXnu5W/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
    FENDER - Scottsdale, AZ
  • Just had a preliminary widdle with this and the cleans with a Telecaster are really tasty.
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    TTBZ said:

Yes true, I would probably leave it on the Plexi model the whole time, that one sounds great in all the demos and seems like it would do the modded Marshall thing well.

Yeah if you need ac/DC to van halen it's got you covered.
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 448
    For what it is and the price point I think it's pretty impressive.

Good demo from Brett Kingman:

edited April 2021
    The great sounding Burgs demo would come out on the day my Nux mighty plug is meant to be arriving sounds way better on the higher gain stuff there than most of the other demos I've heard. The FBE sound clips in the official Fender demo are just nasty, and not in a good way!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    Can anyone actually find these in stock anywhere?  Seem to be on pre-order.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Early days I appreciate but the 'rechargeable' internal battery, can it easily be replaced when it eventually dies or wont take a charge? I read of a directive in some countries (EU?) that all products must have user replaceable/serviceable parts by (date?). I know, tell that to Apple!