SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Peavey Bravo 112 £90

urban_winterurban_winter Frets: 85
edited May 2021 in Amps £
I have too many Peavey amplifiers, including two of these. I need to make space for incoming.

Peavey Bravo 112 2-channel amp. 25W, all valve - 3x12AX7 + 2xEL84, Eminence-made Blue Marvel speaker, long tank spring reverb, effects loop.

I think it sounds great, but as I'm selling it I clearly have a conflict of interest. I was previously using an FX Stomp through FRFR, but this is much more fun. These combos sound even better through an external cab and, unlike the valveking, you can chose whether to run just an external cab or use both the internal speaker and an external cab.

It's in very good condition. The clean volume pot has been replaced and the replacement knob doesn't match the others but that's the only thing worth noting.

£120. £90 Pickup from SW19.

Image result for peavey bravo amp of the year
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72261
    If it matters, the speaker is an Eminence not a Celestion.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• You're right, of course. Description changed.
  • Great little amp. Think their really about 15w with two EL84, but certainly loud and nice working amps. 

• The internet seems to think that there are amp designs that can get more than 30W from a pair of EL84s. Peavey spec sheet says 25W. That's all I know!

I was idly wondering yesterday if you can measure power by measuring the voltage across the speaker and doing a simple I^2R. I guess the inductance of the speaker means that this would overestimate the power. 

U.
  • Bump.
  • Bump.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72261
    The internet seems to think that there are amp designs that can get more than 30W from a pair of EL84s. Peavey spec sheet says 25W. That's all I know!

I was idly wondering yesterday if you can measure power by measuring the voltage across the speaker and doing a simple I^2R. I guess the inductance of the speaker means that this would overestimate the power.
    Yes, but not by that much.

But measuring at more than the maximum clean power does significantly increase the apparent power output. Without an oscilloscope and a signal generator it’s often quite hard to find the point of clipping - and if you are using both those you probably want a dummy load anyway, since a constant sinewave at the amp's full clean power through a speaker is somewhat painful to listen to :).

Even 25W is pushing it with a pair of EL84s if you go by a proper definition of clean, ie no more than 1% THD.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Bump.
  • Bump.
  • Bump.
  • Bump.
  • Price drop to £90. There's a Peavey Stereo Chorus going cheap locally but I have no more space!
  • Bump
  • xavrileyxavriley Frets: 11
    I'll have this - it's just a case of logistics for when I can pick it up but I'm not too far away. Will send a PM
  • Still for sale.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    Is postage an option? 

• Now sold.