Whoop - cracked the infinite black background style!

What's Hot
I've wanted to know how to do an infinite black background video for ages, and today I finally worked it out :smiley: 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Noice!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Cool effect, nice playing as well.
  • Cheers chaps.  Really fun couple of hours playing around with backgrounds. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 219
    Looks and sounds great. How did you get the black background then? 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    AndyJP said:
    Looks and sounds great. How did you get the black background then? 
    @AndyJP ; ifor ages I thought it would be really complex involving fancy dslr and pro settings but t's actually pretty simple in reality.

1. Get a black cloth and hang it on the wall behind you, any old black one will do, doesn't even have to be flat
    2. Get a decent led ring light facing you
    3. Have as much distance between you and the black cloth background as possible
    4. Use your mobile phone to record the video, ideally mounted inside the led light ring
    5. Because the phone camera is designed to focus on well lit areas, it basically pretty much only gets you and barely any of the background giving a very good infinite black effect, but not quite perfect
    6. In your favourite video editing software (Davinci resolve) in colour grading tab, drop the lift, boost the shadows and voila, deep infinite black effect

The bigger the distance between you and the background the better.  I've only got about 2-3feet but 6foot would be perfect i reckon.