Awful songs that somehow made it.

What's Hot

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Anyone mentioned the three chord monstrosity with shit vocals that is Brown Eyed Girl yet?
    And Mustang Fecking Sally.
    Both sound like they were written by Primary School 'Rock Bands' with no concept of melody or musical dynamics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    AlexC said:
    Anyone mentioned the three chord monstrosity with shit vocals that is Brown Eyed Girl yet?
    Both sound like they were written by Primary School 'Rock Bands' with no concept of melody or musical dynamics.
    They are the two songs I hate most in all the world.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    AlexC said:
    In a world in which Sleaford Mods exist surely that can't be true?!?

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2021
    Philly_Q said:
    AlexC said:

I know the name, but I've never knowingly heard them.

Still, I'm confident I'll continue to hate Mustang Sally and Brown Eyed Girl more than anything else in the world in space. 

It's not just the originals I hate (I can't even remember who did Mustang Sally originally), it's all the shitty cover versions by pub/wedding bands who think they're guaranteed, solid gold crowd-pleasers.  

And The Commitments.  I'd never heard Mustang Sally before I saw that film.  I was so young and naïve, if only I'd realised how it would go on to blight my life.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    That's Not My Name <shudder>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Philly_Q said:

It's not just the originals I hate (I can't even remember who did Mustang Sally originally), it's all the shitty cover versions by pub/wedding bands who think they're guaranteed, solid gold crowd-pleasers.
    That applies to all of the usual 'crowd pleaser' cover-band songs, even when the originals are from bands I like. All universally unbearable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    AlexC said:

Still, I'm confident I'll continue to hate Mustang Sally and Brown Eyed Girl more than anything else in the world in space. 

And The Commitments.  I'd never heard Mustang Sally before I saw that film.  I was so young and naïve, if only I'd realised how it would go on to blight my life.

To be honest, they generally are crowd pleasers, love them or loathe them, they work. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24265
    The entire Beatles catalogue.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2021
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    AlexC said:

To be honest, they generally are crowd pleasers, love them or loathe them, they work. 
    I don't want to be in those crowds then.  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    AlexC said:

I don't want to be in those crowds then.  ;)
    I always made a point of playing to the audience, not other guitarists. 
    It’s funny but around this area, the rock bands all cover the same songs, Free, Thin Lizzy, Skynyrd all the standards. I was always interested in pulling odd songs out, like an old Heavy rock band I was in back in the 80’s we covered Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis, something everyone knows but few ever plays. 
    When we played Mustang Sally ( which wasn’t offen) we used to start it with just bass and drums only putting a groove down then eventually I would come in on guitar.everybody knew it but it put a different slant on it. 
    Reminded by the other thread...

Prefab Sprout - The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll

Although it’s still only a runner-up to the song I probably loathe most in the world...

Danny Wilson - Mary’s Prayer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Reminded by the other thread...

Prefab Sprout - The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll

Although it’s still only a runner-up to the song I probably loathe most in the world...

Danny Wilson - Mary’s Prayer.
    Interesting.  Knowing you like a bit of pop, I wouldn't have expected you to hate those.  Well maybe the Danny Wilson one. :)
    Philly_Q said:

Interesting.  Knowing you like a bit of pop, I wouldn't have expected you to hate those.  Well maybe the Danny Wilson one. :)
    Can’t stand anything by either of them.

I really dislike There She Goes as well, if it matters :) - a worthy challenger to Lenny Kravitz’s Fly Away for the worst lazy rhyming in a meaningless song.

ICBM said:
    Philly_Q said:

Can’t stand anything by either of them.

I really dislike There She Goes as well, if it matters :) - a worthy challenger to Lenny Kravitz’s Fly Away for the worst lazy rhyming in a meaningless song.
    Of the four, I don't mind There She Goes... not a fan of any of the others.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    AlexC said:
    Objeciton, M'lud.  "Brown Eyed Girl" has 4 chords.

Still shite though.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Only ten months 'til Crimbo. Corny seasonal ditties deserve a setlist to themselves.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I remember seeing this one on top of the pops when I was a kid:

I think it is madness in disguise.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Macarena was ridiculously popular in the mid 90's - why?
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    You Get What You Give
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    anyone had 'oma paloma blanca' in their list yet by Jonathan King

and what about Hoddle and Waddle - Diamond Lights 

Slyvia - Y viva Espania

and top of any shit song list should be - Baby Shark - yet 8,040,227,118 hits to date on youtube