Warmoth Orange/Blue Jaguar, roasted content

What's Hot
Hello Everyone,
I've put together a Jaguar with Warmoth Parts.

I wanted to do a Orange & Blue Color combination, however, the roasted ash had a really awesome wood grain, so it was a bit of a shame to paint over it. So I came up with the idea of having a fake f-hole and a hexagon pattern on the back that shows off the natural roasted ash.

I've also put together a video of the whole process, with a sound demo and also an overproduced song at the end:
https://youtu.be/lEKFaflA2CQ

Editing this video actually took longer than putting together the guitar xD

I've made all kinds of mistakes with the paintjob... but that gives it the homemade appeal ;)

Sound and playability is top notch though. The roasted maple neck has 2 thin layers of Tru Oil, it feels really amazing. Roasted maple with a super thin finish might be the nicest feeling neck.
Some people leave them completely unfinished, but the tru oil makes the color of the wood much more intense.

I'm very happy. Next I'll try if a roller bridge is an improvement or not.

Some more pictures:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    Really cool video and nice song  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    The usual bridge mod is Mustang type saddles because they cannot be vibrated loose and lower themselves.

Staytrem bridges have the additional benefit of slightly narrower string spacing. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I dunno about you, but I could really do with a can of Irn-Bru right now.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jazzthat said:
    Really cool video and nice song  B)
    I'm glad some people stay until the song :)
    The usual bridge mod is Mustang type saddles because they cannot be vibrated loose and lower themselves.

Staytrem bridges have the additional benefit of slightly narrower string spacing. 
    I've heard good things about the staytrem.

I have a modified Mustang bridge in my guitar. I only found it being sold at Warmoth:

I dunno about you, but I could really do with a can of Irn-Bru right now.

Irn-Bru should hire me now :)

• I quite like it. Coloured pearl guards are not seen often enough and it does suit the orange.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom