RIP Ronald Pickup

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22730

Never really a famous name - although it was an unusual name - but one of those fine British character actors I was always pleased to see in any film or TV show he appeared in.  RIP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56200988

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Decent, solid 'character' actor. The number of British films I've got on DVD I've probably got about 50 of his performances!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    A really great supporting actor, totally reliable.  Had his own series too - ‘Hadleigh’ I think, great stuff.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72248
    He was brilliant as Neville Chamberlain in Darkest Hour - which I think might have been his last role.

Never a star, but a very good actor.

RIP.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18672
    A tremendous actor, much underrated.
    His later role as John Hector in Radio 4's 'Holding Back the Tide' redefined hilarious delusional curmudgeon's. RIP
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22730
    JohnS37 said:
    A really great supporting actor, totally reliable.  Had his own series too - ‘Hadleigh’ I think, great stuff.
    That was Gerald Harper, the bloke who played Adam Adamant in the '60s - similar looking guy, slim with quite angular features. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Yes, a fabulous actor. 

He steals a couple of scenes in one of my favourite films, The Day of the Jackal, where he plays the seedy forger in Genoa who meets a swift end.