Guitar flippers ... Hate them :-(

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10202
    So actually, you haven't had an experience with a guitar flipper today at all have you? You were just outbid by someone on ebay. 

Maybe the title should be ... 'i hate that other people are allowed to bid on ebay and are allowed to do what they want with the guitar they purchased legally'. 
    Sooo you’re a flipper then? 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    That's the trouble, no-one hears the flipper's side of it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Must be annoying as a flipper to be fair where people point out your profit margins and sometimes lies in your adverts. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11872
    Not really. He's had no contact with the guy, he's not bought anything or been given a sob story. He's just been out bid on ebay and has decided to open a thread (I've only just joined but it looks like thread number 495 on this topic) bashing guitar dealers because he's salty that someone just put in a higher bid. Seems a pointless waste of internet space to me.
    I think you got it wrong, there are 2 different things happening here.

1 - OP is looking for a guitar to PLAY
    2 - The other guy is looking for PROFIT

Now, I am not saying the winning bidder is doing anything wrong, but this community is about playing gear and talk about gear and our gear.  We all want a bargain, he lost an auction, that is fair and square.  He acknowledges that as much.  What he is pissed about is the winning bidder went to use the same photo that he didn't take to sell it on Reverb for twice as much before the guitar even landed in his hand.  I doubt he would have a problem if the guy is someone who is like him just want a guitar to play.

You can be a flipper, no one can stop you.
    We can hate flippers, you can't stop us.

Both can exists.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12340
    Sassafras said:
    Same as people who park in disabled bays with no blue badge and serial killers everyone’s a good guy if you take the time to get to know them. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    So actually, you haven't had an experience with a guitar flipper today at all have you? You were just outbid by someone on ebay. 

Maybe the title should be ... 'i hate that other people are allowed to bid on ebay and are allowed to do what they want with the guitar they purchased legally'. 
    Seems odd that you join up and pile straight into a thread about guitar flippers with defending the scumbags...

do eBay provide the tracking number direct or do you have to wait till the seller you stand to make a massive profit from sends one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    Sassafras said:
    Same as people who park in disabled bays with no blue badge and serial killers everyone’s a good guy if you take the time to get to know them. 
    I'm sure their mothers love them.
    It's possible, isn't it?
    Stranger things have happened.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I feel there is definitely an aquatic mammal swimming in this thread.
    Not really. He's had no contact with the guy, he's not bought anything or been given a sob story. He's just been out bid on ebay and has decided to open a thread (I've only just joined but it looks like thread number 495 on this topic) bashing guitar dealers because he's salty that someone just put in a higher bid. Seems a pointless waste of internet space to me.
    Have you seen the internet recently???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My 7 year old, today out of the blue said, “the internet is full”.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @loveagood69 here you go pet... new profile pic for ya!...

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6989

I smell troll...
    Cols said:

I smell troll...
    I smell dolphin!!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    I smell a witch hunt. There may or may not be a witch. Let’s not drown people without evidence.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Roland said:
    I smell a witch hunt. There may or may not be a witch. Let’s not drown people without evidence.
    Agreed, pop the pitch forks back in the cupboard chaps, and put that lit torch out as well... 

I’m sure @loveagood69 would be happy to explain his defence of flippers. 
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 86
    edited February 2021
    In the middle of a long, rambling comment I boiled it down to one thing. 
    Unbridled Capitalism! Some really can’t see any problem with it and some see it as eroding everything we hold dear.. 
    I guess this is not the place to have THAT discussion? Anyone is free to pm me if you want to carry it on and let me know where might be a more suitable place?
    Point is there seem to be plenty of people flipping and then putting stuff up for insane prices elsewhere and then playing the waiting game cos they can afford to.  
    If this continues it just bumps prices up artificially to a point where the average Jo can just about afford an Encore Strat. Even what was previously an average guitar is now just available to the rich and dealers to play “mines better than yours” volleyball with and the flippers refuse to see the damage they do because to them it’s just a commodity. 
    Music and musicians are really under attack from
    all corners at the moment and this just adds to the battle. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886
    edited February 2021
    Roland said:
    Agreed, pop the pitch forks back in the cupboard chaps, and put that lit torch out as well... 

He didn't defend flipping.

He pointed out that the OP's problem is that he got outbid on ebay and the pitchforks got sharpened because the pricing police are absolutely obsessed with worrying about what other people do - and anyone who doesn't pile in makes themselves a target.

Can we have a price police thread or forum section to keep it all in one place for those that care? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Roland said:

He didn't defend flipping.

He pointed out that the OP's problem is that he got outbid on ebay and the pitchforks got sharpened because the pricing police are absolutely obsessed with worrying about what other people do - and anyone who doesn't pile in makes themselves a target.

Can we have a price police thread or forum section to keep it all in one place for those that care? 
    Actually, in his second post in this thread he described threads such as these as “bashing guitar dealers” 

However, that’s irrelevant - two modmins have now asked for the pitchforks to be put away. End of.

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Well here's a thread I wish I'd never started. Can we all go about our day and pretend I never posted it? 
  • Well here's a thread I wish I'd never started. Can we all go about our day and pretend I never posted it? 
    That sounds ideal.
    There will be another one  along in a day or two anyway
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom