first post lockdown gig booked

What's Hot
relic245relic245 Frets: 962
Feels like normality is returning. 

We've booked a gig for the 3rd of july. Not only is it the first gig since lockdown, we split up as a band 5 years and and decided to get back together during lockdown 2 when we realised how much we all missed it. 

So apart from a couple of appearances in pop up bands it's pretty much my first gig in 5 years too. I guess i better get on with learning the set. 

Anyone else getting any gigs booked?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    This is what we have so far for this year but The Fleece has already been moved to the 1st Oct and the Wedge to August I think 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeh, things are definitely picking up. We’ve got a VW Bus meet/ charity thing in May, then a couple of festivals in August and Sept. Hopefully pick up a couple of other bits and bobs all being well
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Danny1969 said:
    This is what we have so far for this year but The Fleece has already been moved to the 1st Oct and the Wedge to August I think 

Nice one. 

If youre ever playing localish to me (North Nottinghamshire) id come along and watch that show.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    edited February 2021
    @Danny1969 ;Can I get comps for the Fleece gig please?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    edited March 2021
    In theory my first one is 29 May - I've lost track of the rules / dates - anybody know if that is even possible as things stand?

Edit: got off my arse and googled. Looks possible if seated only - not sure the money will work on that basis...
    I will ask mate, shouldn't be a problem 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969 said:
    I will ask mate, shouldn't be a problem 
    Cool Thankyou mate
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    We have one in early June - so live music venue with restrictions still in place. One in early July - first standard pub gig back, then a beer festival in Aug. Just need to remember the set now!
  • Yep..feels like the roadmap is going to work and we can plan on it.

We are working on the new sets, we put everything online as multi-tracks on Bandlab anyway, so we think we are pretty well practiced/not too stale.

Got an outdoor / covered venue for next IRL practice when restrictions lift soon and will probably do some unadvertised weekend open public performance testing ‘practices’ by Summer as we did last year to help local communities. Be nice to have my vaccine before we do too much though - never want CV again!!! 

Expecting some festival bookings will appear and we will corral other groups to put some options/offers together.    We are def. thinking alternative ‘venue’ styles for this year.  Staycation crowds should keep things busy too.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    As it happens we were offered a local club in Essex for either 15th or 22nd May about two  weeks before the roadmap was announced, we elected to take the 22nd. So subject to the usual provisos we are off to an early start. Of course we can't meetup to rehearse before so it might be rough as a badgers arse, but I don't think anyone will be that bothered.
    Also been offered a freebe mini festival set and a pub gig that's reopening under new management in my local town.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Danny1969 said:

Grand Central is a lovely room - finally getting more use as a gig venue in the last few years after laying dormant for some time. Cracking space. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    I think that our first booking will be 21st August, outdoor event.  What are people's views as to when we can return to the practice room?  Obviously it will depend upon when the venues themselves want to re-open but my reading of the rules would point to May 17th (rule of 6 indoors).  We have a lawyer in one of my bands who can 'see a case for 12th April'.
    You can rehearse now if you have paying gigs looming. Our local one is open 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    Danny1969 said:
    Thanks

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Musicwolf said:
    Danny1969 said:
    Thanks

We’ve been struggling to work this out too. Seems it’s all around being a ‘professional’ band. Not sure if that just means getting paid for gigs, or being a proper registered band etc. We have paying gigs coming up from May onwards but weren’t really sure. Would be happy if it was from now...
    Musicwolf said:
    IDanny1969 said:
    Thanks

We’ve been struggling to work this out too. Seems it’s all around being a ‘professional’ band. Not sure if that just means getting paid for gigs, or being a proper registered band etc. We have paying gigs coming up from May onwards but weren’t really sure. Would be happy if it was from now...
    I’ve seen a letter from our local MP that says professional bands can rehearse. Then in bold, semi pro and amateur bands are not allowed to rehearse.

our local venue has said that we can rehearse but I think we’re risking a fine if we do,
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    relic245 said:
    Musicwolf said:
    IDanny1969 said:
    Thanks

I’ve seen a letter from our local MP that says professional bands can rehearse. Then in bold, semi pro and amateur bands are not allowed to rehearse.

our local venue has said that we can rehearse but I think we’re risking a fine if we do,
    So I guess, according to this MP, the semi-pro and amateurs can’t meet inside until 17th May? This is how I’m reading things but so many conflicting statements flying about...
    relic245 said:

So I guess, according to this MP, the semi-pro and amateurs can’t meet inside until 17th May? This is how I’m reading things but so many conflicting statements flying about...
    That's how I'm reading it. 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    edited March 2021
    I’m guessing they regard semi pro and amateur rehearsing as just an excuse to get together with your mates. 
    There’s an event next Tuesday for crews to test their pa’s at 1530, wonder where freelancers fit in the equation as I’m  going to need help to do it, https://www.facebook.com/100907618735981/posts/108379001322176/
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • I've got about 8 gigs booked in for the year so far. First one is technically on April 10th, but it's a live streaming gig so no in-person audience. Only problem is we can't find any studios near us that have stayed open this lockdown so can't rehearse. It's looking like the night of the gig might be the first time we've actually seen each other since before Xmas, so there's every chance it could be a total car crash!  =)