SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - WTB: Gibson Protector/Chainsaw case - Blue lined if possible

What's Hot
sniperschoolsniperschool Frets: 9
edited March 2021 in Guitars £
Looking for a 1987 protector case but would take a red or whatever you have 
 Let me know  
 Thanks 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5055
    Good luck with the hunt. May I ask what’s the special 1987 Gibson guitar you have that you’re looking to protect?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Sure and thanks. It's a '87 Ferrari Red Custom. I have a few blue lined protectors but this one came with the wrong year. Silly of me as the cases just go into storage and I don't look at them again. But it would be nice to have it down the line 
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 453
    just seen a black lined 1980's one on reverb at c £180? Dunno if that is a good price or not, or the correct year
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Amazing.Thanks for the tip MikeC. It's neither a nice price nor the correct year but it might just be the ticket.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5055
    Sure and thanks. It's a '87 Ferrari Red Custom. I have a few blue lined protectors but this one came with the wrong year. Silly of me as the cases just go into storage and I don't look at them again. But it would be nice to have it down the line 
    Excellent, that’s just the kind of nerdy GAS behaviour that I thoroughly approve of! I salute you sir and good luck with the search.  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Ahh the. one on Reverb his. for an SG. I thought it was too easy!
  • Bump
  • Or brown lined
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    Maybe pie in the sky, and cost a bit. But maybe reach out to trogly on YouTube. if anyone can source one it will him 
  • I did ask him about some guitars recently but I think he only wants to discuss his current inventory which is fair enough. Thanks for the suggestion though 
  • Still on the hunt 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7051
    tFB Trader
    I'm interested how you can pinpoint the year. I've checked mine (an 83) over and I can't see a date stamp?
  • Unfortunately there is no date stamp. 80's one' are a bit of a guessing game. But If it's a red Mk1 or Mk2 it's a 70's case. I've got 8 protectors and the blues ones came with the mid to late 80's Les Paul Customs. I have a couple of brown lined ones which were with 83/84 customs and a black one which was from a '85. Both of my blue ones were with '87 guitars and they phased them out not long after that so I figured I'd look for a blue one and maybe the owner would know the year if they still had the guitar it shipped with. Why colour lining does your's have?

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7051
    tFB Trader
    Mine is blue-lined and definitely '83. It's not for sale by the way.

The black lined gen 3s were for SGs and brown and blue lined ones for Les Paul shaped guitars.

I'd like to get hold of a clean gen 1 or 2 with working fittings and no handle rot. Well I can dream...
  • Cool. Don't see as many Les Paul 83/84's with blue lined cases. Maybe they just shipped randomly or they had a method to it. Was just offered a blue '85 but it was for a SG 
  • Thanks. I've made an offer on that one and hopefully will get it but don't want to pay £250 for a case :-)
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2474
    Thanks. I've made an offer on that one and hopefully will get it but don't want to pay £250 for a case :-)
    Ha! I don’t blame you... good luck  :)
  • I remember paying £495 for a '85 Les Paul Custom that came in a blue protector case back in the mid 90's so the thought of paying half that for a case just doesn't sit well with me 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4150
    @sniperschool that £495 would be £1006.89 now, so really it's only a quarter of the price... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom